Poll: Best place to have a national championship game

best national championship location

• Total voters

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
I like the traditional bowls, but I have accepted the fact that the traditional bowl system is long since gone. With tradition being gone, the game should be played at...

The home field of the #1 team.

ON A SATURDAY

I know there are many reasons why this would be a bad system. Weather, small towns and stadiums, E$PN won't like it, etc. There is just something that is lost with neutral fields that aren't associated with college at all. The college traditions and atmosphere. I think this would be great and would benefit the schools more. What do you folks think?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I am watching on TV no matter where it is played. But I would vote Atlanta as it is easiest for our fan base as a whole. Jerry World is second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I'd say the Rose Bowl - the venue is spectacular and it's natural grass. Can't stand the field turf crap they have in domes.
I am with you. Pretty much every year I will watch the Rose Bowl just to admire the field. I only remember one game when it rained and that seemed like it was 78 or 79 with Charles White going over the top for the win.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
I like a place where you can have the stadium, plenty of hotel options, great food, entertainment/bars, and fan fest activities all in a close proximity, where you're not forced to travel across an entire metro area to fully enjoy the atmosphere. New Orleans and Atlanta are that way, Glendale (Phoenix) and Arlington (Dallas) are close to being that way (but not entirely). Tampa, Pasasdena, and Miami are not

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
All the venues have advantages and disadvantages. It's a matter of balancing them to best effect.

For me, that's New Orleans.

It's close by, has plenty of hotel space, and is a ton of fun.

If all you think of when you think NOLA is the French Quarter and Jackson Square, you're missing a lot.

After the post-Katrina refurb, the stadium is good, not great, accessible on foot, and management knows how to handle high-security games (are you taking notes, Tampa and Atlanta)?

No, it's not perfect. But no venue is. For my money, New Orleans strikes the best overall balance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.