Compiled Recruiting Rankings for 2018

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
This is the biggest myth in college football recruiting over the last 10 years. I've studied our classes in-depth for 20 years, so I know fantasy from reality. The true marker of recruiting success is on field performance and post season accolades. Georgia for all Spurrier's hype did not land as many players on the First Team All SEC post season squads as one would expect, particularly at key position areas like OL, DL and DB.

Richt was really good at landing flashy recruits at the skill positions, which made it seem like Georgia was recruiting at a high-level year-over-year. As Bama fans know all too well, flash only gets you so far and in the areas where you win Championships (in the trenches) UGA was weak and had little depth. This was something Kirby recognized immediately upon arriving in Athens. Sam Pittman is rectifying the OL issue, however it remains to be seen whether Tray Scott can recruit at the same level to improve our DL talent. He whiffed on Sandidge, so I'm reserving judgement.

Regarding UGA fan patience if Kirby doesn't turn this recruiting success into on field Championships. That's an interesting question. Let me turn it around. What top tier SEC fan base has patience? We all want to win Championships. I think Georgia fans realize they have a gem in Kirby, because he's cut directly from Saban's cloth and will give him a longer leash than one might expect.
I think you are missing the point Dawg. Recruiting doesn't necessarily corelate to All-Conference selection. (There are only so many spots for those.) Georgia has had more than their fair share of top-notch recruits. All-Conference selection is more closely a result of Player Development than just raw talent. Spurrier was making fun of player development (coaching) more than he was recruiting. Richt got many great players, but essentially did nothing in the way of their development.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
"Worst way possible?!? What could you possibly mean?"

Challenged poster cites public information from credible source.

"OK, you cited a credible source, but I don't believe it...it's worthless. I'd much rather believe something that supports what I wish were true."

Really?

To answer your concluding question, Saban was last comfortable in front of the press the last time he was there. He plays them like Itzhak Perlman plays a Stradivarius.
Say what you will. I'm not taking much stock in the article and once again believe Schumann's response in the piece is both pragmatic and more than likely accurate.

Bottom line: Kirby is going to get medieval on the recruiting trail - get used to it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Say what you will. I'm not taking much stock in the article and once again believe Schumann's response in the piece is both pragmatic and more than likely accurate.

Bottom line: Kirby is going to get medieval on the recruiting trail - get used to it.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
I think you are missing the point Dawg. Recruiting doesn't necessarily corelate to All-Conference selection. (There are only so many spots for those.) Georgia has had more than their fair share of top-notch recruits. All-Conference selection is more closely a result of Player Development than just raw talent. Spurrier was making fun of player development (coaching) more than he was recruiting. Richt got many great players, but essentially did nothing in the way of their development.
Again, having studied Georgia recruiting for 20+ years and reading multiple in-depth postmortems on Richt's recruiting, I can tell with an accurate level of certainty that there's a myth about the overall talent level at Georgia. Spurrier makes fun of Georgia, because he's never liked Georgia.

Currently, Richt is recruiting at a high-level at Miami. It will be interesting to see if he's employing the same strategy of bringing in elite players at the skilled positions and neglecting the trenches and not addressing depth. Their collapse at the end of 2017 seemed to fallow similar patterns, but it's still early in his tenure at Miami.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Okay, you're right. Kirby is now Saban's enemy, how can I think otherwise. Additionally, Kirby has Russian mole's working inside Bama's program feeding him pictures of Saban's recruiting board and has employed the Troll Factory in St. Petersburg to feed misinformation to Bama recruits! It's a vast Georgia conspiracy... LOL.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Okay, you're right. Kirby is now Saban's enemy, how can I think otherwise. Additionally, Kirby has Russian mole's working inside Bama's program feeding him pictures of Saban's recruiting board and has employed the Troll Factory in St. Petersburg to feed misinformation to Bama recruits! It's a vast Georgia conspiracy... LOL.
Bless your heart.

You didn't bother reading that article did you? Kirby himself took the picture. No one from inside the program is reportedly doing that. Unless UGA fans know something we don't.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

Schumanns response is an opinion on the information given whereas he does not have the actually information or intelligence on the recruiting info that the Tuscaloosa news and al.com state , he's also connected to Georgia soooo? I guess if I'm a GA fan, I wouldn't want to believe it either. Kirby can continue to recruit as he wishes , however if the day comes when he exits the program....you may want to post a no pictures allowed message on your recruiting boards , or simpler ...hide them. Meanwhile Saban will continue his championship run...get use to it.

Last edited:

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Funny you equate this story as a conspiracy on par with Russian moles where as you were offered actual articles with the situation itself. You can chose not to believe multiple articles if you wish but ....adding a made up Russian mole humility situation to it really paints a picture of an unwillingness to accept any possible truth to the situation. Let's remember here, this isn't a made up story by Bama fans like your Russian mole subjection, this is by media forms and writers Bama fans respect. You'll have to excuse us Bama fans if we believe sources within our own athletic Dept.

Last edited:

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
After listening/reading several articles and post about kirbys recruiting and just being a general snake in the grass.... I hope CNS takes particular delight in smacking him Down every time we play them ... If we do RTR!!!!

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Started off well....but I'm at the point of..."Bye Felicia!"

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

While he's getting "medieval" on the recruiting trail remind him to tell his safety not to cheat to the inside quite as much. The consequences of it can really damper those recruiting titles. ;)

Last edited:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
While he's getting "medieval" on the recruiting trail remind him to tell his safety not to cheat to the inside quite as much. The consequence of it can really damper those recruiting titles. ;)
Kirby better start worrying about players calling him out for promises he can't keep. Kirby got the instate guys he's suppose to get especially when the only instate school runs a triple option. (Fire Paul Johnson and get a real coach) Kirby's best season wasn't with a team of no names or developing players like Saban did. UGA had great players before Kirby got there. We shall see who Kirby actually is going forward. Last two things Kirby what negative recruiting will you use now that our board is completely changed and Tua just threw it past you again.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

Feel free to puff your chest out and make all of these posts you want, but you might be greeted more fondly here.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Dawg - Could you please post a pic of the Dawg's Recruiting National Championship rings?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.