Saban NSD Press Conference

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It baffles the mind how kids can accept the"freshmen don't play at Alabama" like from an opposing coach when a true freshmen threw the national championship winning touchdown pass to another true freshmen while a freshmen was playing left tackle. If I was a parent and I heard a coach tell that to my son I would think he thought my son was stupid and couldn't look at what was happening with his own eyes. I guess it must be working because coaches still use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Some young people will believe most anything that they are told............and I am sure there are quite a few coaches out there who, rather than sell their school, use negative recruiting to sway recruits

Saban is too classy to resort to negative recruiting, but I can imagine he tells recruits the truth and shoots straight...........I'd love to see the negative nelly's get called out

Last edited:

JPaikman

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 16, 2015
San Mateo, CA
the kid from Meeshigan?
Shamelessly taken from the gradtransfer website:

QB Grad Transfer List:
Wilton Speight
Jacob Park
Jalan McClendon
Quinten Dormady
Evan Shirreffs
Jeff George
Keller Chyrst
Tucker Israel
JJ Cosentino
Ryan Boyle
DL Grad Transfer List
Kayton Samuels
Kenny Bigelow
Ryan Fines
Pete Mokwah
Marcus Griffin
Trevor Wood
Preston Gordon
Sean Adesanya
Brandon Tiassum
Jabril Robinson
Dylan Thompson
Sterling Johnson
Also not included, one JC guy who isn't signing until Friday, seems interesting:

Dorian Gerald (ESPN JC50 #4), DE, has an Alabama offer

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
So we finished 6th on ESPN, 7th on 247sports, and 7th on Rivals with only 20 commitments. That is pretty amazing. Clemson and Southern Cal also had only 17 commits yet had top ten recruiting classes. Clemson even out-ranked us with three less players! ESPN's top 3 all took over 25 players (26, 26, 27). Can't say it is a quantity v. quality problem because those classes are all stacked but they just had more scholarships to give than Alabama, Clemson, and Southern Cal.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
the kid from Meeshigan?
Shamelessly taken from the gradtransfer website:

QB Grad Transfer List:
Wilton Speight
Jacob Park
Jalan McClendon
Quinten Dormady
Evan Shirreffs
Jeff George
Keller Chyrst
Tucker Israel
JJ Cosentino
Ryan Boyle
DL Grad Transfer List
Kayton Samuels
Kenny Bigelow
Ryan Fines
Pete Mokwah
Marcus Griffin
Trevor Wood
Preston Gordon
Sean Adesanya
Brandon Tiassum
Jabril Robinson
Dylan Thompson
Sterling Johnson
Also not included, one JC guy who isn't signing until Friday, seems interesting:

Dorian Gerald (ESPN JC50 #4), DE, has an Alabama offer
LOL...I was referring to CNS statement about getting really good QB in the next recruiting cycle....A guy with the last name of Tua!!!

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I can see how the negative recruiting would work. It wouldn't be "they don't play freshmen" as much as "with all of those really good freshmen ahead of you, how many years do you think you will have to wait to play?"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.