Grad Transfer Recruiting 2018 - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Grad Transfer Recruiting 2018

I don’t mind if he has chosen another destination...but this reversal of decision makes his original excuse for leaving the ECU program seem disingenuous.

No offense intended, BIG, but it reminds me of when Urban Meyer left the Florida Program.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BearFoot View Post
    I don’t mind if he has chosen another destination...but this reversal of decision makes his original excuse for leaving the ECU program seem disingenuous.

No offense intended, BIG, but it reminds me of when Urban Meyer left the Florida Program.
    No offense taken. I make no apologies for Meyer's transgressions.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by JTBama View Post
    Minshew is indeed coming aboard.
    If you had not used "indeed" . . . .

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

So now, who are we looking at QBs?
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    No offense taken. I make no apologies for Meyer's transgressions.
    Why does every thread now have to include transgression people? Ok, ok, pee where you want....but please stay off of the football board with your politics
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

Quote Originally Posted by bama579 View Post
    If you had not used "indeed" . . . .
    Well, you can't force a kid to sign ...you just have to take him at his word and there was a long deep discussion with him and the coaching staff. He told them he was 100 percent. However, anything and everything will happen with these kids. The reasoning or so he told....was he wanted to be close to home and go on to coach and Bama was a perfect fit but I can only wish him the best in that his decision pans out for him.RTR
    "I could tell they really didn't want to play against us any longer." - Alabama defensive end Jesse Williams

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Just went up to a town west of Ann Arbor -- first time in that area. Did not realize how rural the area is. Really cold -- glad to be headed back South. The natives could not have been nicer to me...we laughed and talked football when not focusing on our matters.

Believe it or not there are some really great college towns outside of Tuscaloosa!!
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation First Team

Crazy to think Gardner Menshew was once committed here and most likely would have been a backup or possibly 3rd stringer. Kid is now being looked at a potential Heisman contender. Our staff is relentless at finding the best talent at every corner!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiderollin32 View Post
    Crazy to think Gardner Menshew was once committed here and most likely would have been a backup or possibly 3rd stringer. Kid is now being looked at a potential Heisman contender. Our staff is relentless at finding the best talent at every corner!
    I just saw The Pirate say on Gameday say it was a very short sales pitch he made to Menshew. "Do you want to be the back-up at Bama or do you want to lead the nation in passing?" Glad he went to WSU since he is having a storybook ending to his college career.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    I just saw The Pirate say on Gameday say it was a very short sales pitch he made to Menshew. "Do you want to be the back-up at Bama or do you want to lead the nation in passing?" Glad he went to WSU since he is having a storybook ending to his college career.
    Agreed! Probably helped out his draft stock for sure.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    I was thinking the same thing....why in the world would a graduate transfer go into a situation like our QB room today?

Only logical answer is that the QB room won't remain static.

So either any graduate transfers won't be QBs, or the QB room won't remain static.

Could get interesting.
    Would not surprise me