Grad Transfer Recruiting 2018

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
My expert analysis [:wink:] is that the DT from the Cuse or Clemson would fit our needs better. Both 300 lbs and both played tougher competition than the fellow from Rice.

Edit
Samuels from Syracuse is the only 300 pounder. Come on down, Katon!

Last edited:

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
There is a premium article on 247sports that says we might have interest. Sterling Johnson was a former 4 star recruit and started at Clemson.

He is listed as 6’4 300 lbs. Here is an article saying he has or had interest in transferring to Miami when Coach Kulo was there. Might be worth watching.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ajc....rling-johnson/QaLA6RxJV3uwVAOydeH14L/amp.html
I have concerns with that. Will he be able to get the playbook and learn during the summer? Will he take class online at Clemson, so he can " workout" with the team during the Summer?

Can he contribute to the team after arriving in August? Will he stay in shape? lot of questions.. but I think he can help us immediately.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I have concerns with that. Will he be able to get the playbook and learn during the summer? Will he take class online at Clemson, so he can " workout" with the team during the Summer?

Can he contribute to the team after arriving in August? Will he stay in shape? lot of questions.. but I think he can help us immediately.
This is a veteran player that would have his undergrad degree already. I doubt we will have to worry about his preparation to get here and when he arrives.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Right. I`ll be concerned with all that right smack in the middle of being overjoyed if he comes to UA !!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He expects to graduate in August and be eligible to play right away with two years of eligibility left.
Not sure - he has already announced the transfer. If he waits to transfer until after he graduates he could play right away. I do not think that is what is happening.

Either way, he is not going to see the field at Alabama this year if he shows up in August.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

No need to contribute until the 2nd half of the national championship game.;)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not sure - he has already announced the transfer. If he waits to transfer until after he graduates he could play right away. I do not think that is what is happening.

Either way, he is not going to see the field at Alabama this year if he shows up in August.
What I posted is what he told BOL last night.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What I posted is what he told BOL last night.
Thanks - my post was not worded well. If he comes to Alabama I will pull for him. This is just an odd way for a grad to transfer and play immediately at a place like Alabama.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Thanks - my post was not worded well. If he comes to Alabama I will pull for him. This is just an odd way for a grad to transfer and play immediately at a place like Alabama.
Maybe it`s been stated before, if so I apologize, but it`s unclear to me if we are actively recruiting him (?).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.