Grad Transfer Recruiting 2018

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Not sure - he has already announced the transfer. If he waits to transfer until after he graduates he could play right away. I do not think that is what is happening.

Either way, he is not going to see the field at Alabama this year if he shows up in August.
I would have to agree unless he is just an exceptional player...:cool:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Golding contacted him last week.
That`s good to hear. I assume that a potential grad transfer would " visit " just like any other recruit, although maybe not limited in the number they can take (?). Whatever, sure hope we can land him if he looks like a good fit.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
It all depends upon how he sees his future playing out. There would be a lot of reasons for him to choose Alabama.

Rtr

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Funnier by far to read "His only offer is from Alabama..."
Well, my understanding was that he wanted to be close to home for family. Knoxville is right at 7 hours from home for him, while Tuscaloosa two and a half. Sure, ECU is 13, but if he chooses UT, then to me, his reasoning for leaving ECU was disingenuous.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
It really just depends on his focus moving forward. If he feels that his future is in coaching he will pick Alabama. He has little to gain by going to UTK if he wants to be a coach. Maybe Gustav can talk him into going there, but I'd bet money on Bama over Auburn with their qb returning next year as well.

If he thinks he can elevate his game to the NFL level he will pick Tennessee and more power to him. If he wants to get into coaching after college he will pick Bama.

jmo rtr

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Well I guess no news is just as good as any regarding this subject. Seems to me that all of these potential transfers need us way more than we need them anyway. Let's see how lucky someone gets.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
It really just depends on his focus moving forward. If he feels that his future is in coaching he will pick Alabama. He has little to gain by going to UTK if he wants to be a coach. Maybe Gustav can talk him into going there, but I'd bet money on Bama over Auburn with their qb returning next year as well.

If he thinks he can elevate his game to the NFL level he will pick Tennessee and more power to him. If he wants to get into coaching after college he will pick Bama.

jmo rtr
His dad said that his son does indeed want to be a coach and that the visit went great. Unless there's a last minute change, Bama is still the frontrunner for Gardner Minshew

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
Unless he’s a great holder, I don’t see the purpose of getting a 4th QB....other than emergency
Prep
... I've seen years when we had to use our 3rd and 4th string QB ... and it wasn't such a pretty thing. Four QB's is a good insurance policy, IMO

... since Minshew would probably be the elder QB in the room, he might have a different perspective to bring to the table.

... and, in light of his coaching aspirations, he could potentially become a good "sideline" analyst this coming season.

... just a thought :)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Unless he’s a great holder, I don’t see the purpose of getting a 4th QB....other than emergency
Prep
In 2014 we had to go three deep at QB, and we won it all. 4 deep has to be just an insurance policy against a worst case scenario, but after what happened last year at LB, who can blame Saban for wanting it?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.