Grad Transfer Recruiting 2018

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
I think CNS is also protecting against any possible transfer, there's always a chance you may not have four QBs when the season starts.
This is the key, in my view. You always need a contingency plan.
What if Tua decided that Chip Kelly is his key to getting to the league? What if Jalen decided he could be a starting QB somewhere else? A bad injury?
That’s why CNS makes the big bucks.
Trust the Process.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I think it is a simple question: do you feel better or worse knowing Minshew will be joining? I feel better. Insurance against injury or transfer is now in place, or it will be when he gets here. This is a win win for everyone except maybe Mac Jones.

Rtr

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Great interview with David Morris of QB Country yesterday on WNSP in Mobile. They have been coaching Minshew since the 9th grade. It sounds like David believes Minshew will wind up being a coach someday, with comments like 'he has played the position his whole life' and that he understands the role very well. He has good arm strength, as well, but Morris said he wasn't the 'athlete' style of qb like Jalen. He isn't going to take off and run very often, and this also makes me believe that he was recruited to play in more of a pro style offense with a little less RPO than what we have been seeing.

Maybe. Or maybe he was just the best option available? Either way I am glad he is with us.

rtr

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Did anybody see that coming? I thought we had a "done deal".
TBH I was surprised he committed to us in the first place. Even if he thinks that pro football is not in his future then it still doesn't make any sense to throw away any real shot he had of being a starting QB for a D1 school. I know the popular theory was that he has a desire to get into coaching but that still doesn't make sense because he will have enough connections after he graduates that he can go the normal route and become a grad assistant to work his way up the ranks. If he has what it takes that will happen quickly. I wish him well at WSU!

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
TBH I was surprised he committed to us in the first place. Even if he thinks that pro football is not in his future then it still doesn't make any sense to throw away any real shot he had of being a starting QB for a D1 school. I know the popular theory was that he has a desire to get into coaching but that still doesn't make sense because he will have enough connections after he graduates that he can go the normal route and become a grad assistant to work his way up the ranks. If he has what it takes that will happen quickly. I wish him well at WSU!
You're supposed to hate the kid for this decision, not wish him well! He made a dumb decision! He's a liar! Boo him!

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I don’t mind if he has chosen another destination...but this reversal of decision makes his original excuse for leaving the ECU program seem disingenuous.

No offense intended, BIG, but it reminds me of when Urban Meyer left the Florida Program.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don’t mind if he has chosen another destination...but this reversal of decision makes his original excuse for leaving the ECU program seem disingenuous.

No offense intended, BIG, but it reminds me of when Urban Meyer left the Florida Program.
No offense taken. I make no apologies for Meyer's transgressions.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.