Grad Transfer Recruiting 2018

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
So, If we get a experienced QB to transfer to Alabama... what does that mean for everyone involved? Sounds like we'll hear something soon.
I was thinking the same thing....why in the world would a graduate transfer go into a situation like our QB room today?

Only logical answer is that the QB room won't remain static.

So either any graduate transfers won't be QBs, or the QB room won't remain static.

Could get interesting.

Last edited:

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I was thinking the same thing....why in the world would a graduate transfer go into a situation like our QB room today?

Only logical answer is that the QB room won't remain static.

So either any graduate transfers won't be QBs, or the QB room won't remain static.

could get interesting.
Stay tuned for another edition of "As The Tide Turns"

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
A qb grad transfer could transfer in for the original intention of allowing those transfers, grad school.

Could be a qb looking for a new program and a grad degree. That wohld give us a vet backup bench player for a year to help us just in case.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Saban acknowledged that having two young and talented QBs with years of eligibility remaining makes it harder to attract a young good QB recruit. A grad transfer would solve the problem for next year and provide a solid back up. It also gives insurance for the possibility if one of our QBs decides to leave. Besides getting a gradute degree, UAIIday made the point that if a player wanted to go into coaching then playing for Saban and under his system would be a great benefit.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Jam mentioned that we could back count early enrollees in 2019 up to five players so I'm kind of with him thinking that we stay away from Grad Transfers. By all accounts 2019 is going to be chocked full of talent and we have some very young, hungry and talented coaches working to prove themselves in bringing in top talent. Gonna be fun...

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Jam mentioned that we could back count early enrollees in 2019 up to five players so I'm kind of with him thinking that we stay away from Grad Transfers. By all accounts 2019 is going to be chocked full of talent and we have some very young, hungry and talented coaches working to prove themselves in bringing in top talent. Gonna be fun...
That is great if there are no injuries on the defensive line and none of our QBs leave. You have to plan on the needs for 2018 before we worry about 2019. Of course, CNS is already working on recruiting for 2019, but 2018 is his main priority right now. After the rash of injuries last year can we afford to take a chance?

Last edited:

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
It could be for a couple of reasons...one to add depth or the other would be that coach is expecting a transfer . Either way, theres room and it surely couldn't hurt

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Adding a veteran voice to a QB room filled with a bunch of young guys is always a good idea. Adds maturity and knowledge that you can only learn over time.

jme

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 1, 2018
As far as QB transfers what if Jalen and Mac decide after spring ball that they are leaving then we would really be in a tough spot I also think we take a Dlineman and possibly a ILB TOS mod said should hear some specific news on grad transfers soon

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I just don't think Mac or Jalen are leaving this year.
I agree with you. Coach Saban has shown more loyalty to Jalen than some thinks he should have. No way Jalen thinks Coach Saban does not believe in him. Mac will get his first chance to compete this year. Tua may leave in 2 years and Jalen will be gone in no less than 2 years. If Mac believes in his ability stay learn and start 2 years from now.

jme

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 1, 2018
I don't think they leave either just saying if they decide to we need to be prepared which Saban always is

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.