Any guesses as to what the depth chart going into 2018 will be ?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Real tall for down inside. Certainly not saying he can`t do it ( how the hell would I know ? ), but he`ll have to watch his pad level, I do know that!
Yea he is which would probably be the biggest concern. But I swear I read somewhere that a coach or player said he could do it. That guy can already do things that someone his size shouldn't be able to do.
If the defense can adequately reload and build quality depth, this team should win 11 or 12 games. The offense is insanely talented. Kicking is the biggest concern to me. Yes, the defense will be replacing a lot of starters but when does Alabama under Nick Saban play bad defense ? Last year the injuries killed us at the end of the regular season. 2013 and 2014 were not great but I think we were adjusting our personnel to the spread teams and it showed. Place kicking is always an adventure and I can't understand why. The best program in the nation should have a reliable place kicker every year. No excuses. Hopefully that changes in 2018.
Agreed. The talent on offense is insane. We have 3 returning WRs who all look like studs(my money is on Ruggs to lead us in yards and Jeudy to lead in receptions). Probably 6 OL who can be quality starters. A 2 time 1,000 yard rusher, a do everything RB who is very explosive when healthy, the highest rated RB recruit under Saban who shined in the NCG, some talented TEs, and then Tua. Unless our defense is somehow the absolute worst of the Nick Saban era we shouldn't lose more than 1 game tbh.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
My dark horse list for 2019:

RB Brian Robinson, he's not the freak that N Harris is but he's a tough north south runner who will get yards if the hole is there or not. He may pass Jacobs if he can't regain some of the spark he had in 2016 (noted that he was injured all year)

WR Chadarius Townsend, he was very active at A-Day last year before beginning his red shirt year.

TE Irvin Smith, before I die I hope to see a tight end get targets cause I don't know if anyone can deal with it.

LaBryan Ray, was showing flashes of brilliance before breaking something (foot ?), not that big, not that fast, but nobody could get away from him once he locked on target.

Vandarius Cowan and Chris Allen: both these guys probably needed a red shirt but got thrown into combat in absolute desperation to field a team last year. They did not thrive. I would love to see these guys bounce back and show why we recruited them this year.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
As long as it's not the last one... :)
Yea he is which would probably be the biggest concern. But I swear I read somewhere that a coach or player said he could do it. That guy can already do things that someone his size shouldn't be able to do.

Agreed. The talent on offense is insane. We have 3 returning WRs who all look like studs(my money is on Ruggs to lead us in yards and Jeudy to lead in receptions). Probably 6 OL who can be quality starters. A 2 time 1,000 yard rusher, a do everything RB who is very explosive when healthy, the highest rated RB recruit under Saban who shined in the NCG, some talented TEs, and then Tua. Unless our defense is somehow the absolute worst of the Nick Saban era we shouldn't lose more than 1 game tbh.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

RB Brian Robinson, he's not the freak that N Harris is but he's a tough north south runner who will get yards if the hole is there or not. He may pass Jacobs if he can't regain some of the spark he had in 2016 (noted that he was injured all year)

WR Chadarius Townsend, he was very active at A-Day last year before beginning his red shirt year.

TE Irvin Smith, before I die I hope to see a tight end get targets cause I don't know if anyone can deal with it.

LaBryan Ray, was showing flashes of brilliance before breaking something (foot ?), not that big, not that fast, but nobody could get away from him once he locked on target.

Vandarius Cowan and Chris Allen: both these guys probably needed a red shirt but got thrown into combat in absolute desperation to field a team last year. They did not thrive. I would love to see these guys bounce back and show why we recruited them this year.
agree on cowan and allen. Both were planned redshirts. allen to gain some size, and cowan to learn more ILB. both had to be pressed into service because there were no other options. If the rest of the OLB squad stays healthy this year we still might not see as much of these guys except in spot duty and the occasional breather. If cowan slides back inside, he might have a shorter path to being in the rotation since there is less depth there

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Smith is an excellent receiving tight end. Hentges and Forristall are as well. Tennison showed flashes when he played last year. If you factor in Tyrell Shavers, Townsend and the incoming freshmen receivers this could very well be the most talented skill position group of the Saban era. Brian Robinson looks like a smaller Eddie Lacy. LaBryan Ray is 6-5, 280 and extremely quick.

Last edited:

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

I think Jalen will still have a role in this offense. He's a talented player that has been in a lot of big moments. And I think there are more than 6 starter quality OL. The unit has 18 players on scholarship.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I think Jalen will still have a role in this offense. He's a talented player that has been in a lot of big moments. And I think there are more than 6 starter quality OL. The unit has 18 players on scholarship.
I would love Jalen to have a roll on offense. And I agree about the OL. I really mean that we have at least 6 who will be competing for starting spots and none of them should be a huge weak link.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

I really like Brian Robinson, he's not getting the chance yet to shine but I'm very high on this kid. We could see more of him coming up, depends alot on Jacobs health as well.

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014

Alabama's 2018 Offseason Outlook: Quarterback

247 sports: Alabama's 2018 Offseason Outlook. Qbs
https://247sports.com/college/alaba...71-E5-1D-BF-34180214_081801AlabamaCrimsonTide

Honestly, it's kind of disconcerting to me to see Saban comment that "we haven’t really made a decision about..." first team qb. That is, we know that Daboll wanted to play Tagovailoa earlier but Saban over ruled that. We know that some of the receivers were frustrated with the subpar passing game. The best wr in the state of Alabama, that we failed to sign, even specifically mentioned that during his recruitment. I think it's prudent to note that we turned Waddle after the title game. Perhaps I should say after the 2nd half of the title game. Hurts had some nice stats in the A day game last year (as did Tua), but as we know, that doesn't always convey to regular season games and especially vs good defenses whose intent is truly to rip off the qb's head. We finally have a very talented QB that actually is a dual threat. Sure would be good to see a balanced offense next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.