Link: Coaching Carousel Continues...

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I'm not surprised by Dunbar looking around... Heard interesting story between Langham and Dunbar in a article written by Andrew Bone... he's a good coach. Did great job coaching those boys up... but the fact is.. he's just a NFL Coach. I would expect saban to take his time and see what's out there.
would love to read it - can you push a link our way?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm not surprised by Dunbar looking around... Heard interesting story between Langham and Dunbar in a article written by Andrew Bone... he's a good coach. Did great job coaching those boys up... but the fact is.. he's just a NFL Coach. I would expect saban to take his time and see what's out there.
I'm confused.

And now al.com reporting Dunbar is gone...

https://twitter.com/abc/status/961649076952543234

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Well, if that's the case thank you CKD for your time here, and I hope you enjoyed it. Certainly got to coach in some high level games.

I mentioned a long time ago that I thought that xCBD WOULD be back at some point before Coach Saban leaves. He is working at UTSA and supposedly is the guy who gave us the heads up on Golding. I believe he will be back, but I don't think it's now.

rtr

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
I doubt we bring back Bo Davis in 2019. If Dunbar is a recruiting liability, I bet he takes this job with the Steelers and we hire someone with better recruiting chops. I hate it because I think our DL production has improved drastically under Dunbar but he's likely like Stoutland and just a guy who wants to coach young men.
I'd take Bo in that regard as well, although I think Dunbar's done a good job preventing a dropoff.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I don't have anything negative to say. Though it's pretty interesting that 5 out of the 6 DL that we signed in yesterday's 2018 class were not credited as being recruited by Dunbar at all. Most were either Locks or Lupoi.....

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015
Gonna be real interesting to see how our coaching staff does in terms of coaching (not recruiting) next season. JMO, but the OC and DC are unproven at this level. Not saying they won't be great...just think the we don't know.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I don't have anything negative to say. Though it's pretty interesting that 5 out of the 6 DL that we signed in yesterday's 2018 class were not credited as being recruited by Dunbar at all. Most were either Locks or Lupoi.....
A lot of that has to do with several of those guys being slated to play OLB for us instead of DE (as the services rate them). Wynn and Barmore are the only two in the class who are day 1 DL.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yep. Anoma, Latu, and Davis will either play Sam or Jack OLB here. Barmore will be either a weak-side end or maybe nose tackle if he bulks up once on campus. Wynn seems like a strong-side DE.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Yep. Anoma, Latu, and Davis will either play Sam or Jack OLB here. Barmore will be either a weak-side end or maybe nose tackle if he bulks up once on campus. Wynn seems like a strong-side DE.
So who`s at NT when we line up against Louisville?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Hey RTO, what would you think about Wills to NT? I believe he would be an NFL first rounder at NT. I know he will probably be an NFL first rounder at OT, but we have several guys that can play OT but not a lot that can play NT.
I expect him to be in the starting lineup at OL somewhere this year. While you are probably right, I think he's more valuable on the OL.

I think a rotation of Mathis, Dwight, and Wynn will suffice at NT this year. Quinnen Williams can slide in on passing downs, too.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Well, one interesting aspect with the extra on-field assistant is that in theory this does mean one guy can just sit out recruiting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.