Link: Coaching Carousel Continues...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
B1G is correct on show cause. The larger question is whether or not he can come back after lying. I would think there'd be as much opposition from Conference and Compliance as there was with Freeze...
Agreed on they lying.

I'd imagine Saban has his own personal show cause on that, and it's a lot longer than he would have on just the actual transgression itself.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Agreed on they lying.

I'd imagine Saban has his own personal show cause on that, and it's a lot longer than he would have on just the actual transgression itself.
From what I've been told, Saban wants Bo Davis back.

This isn't just fans wishing. The talk of Davis is coming from folks that have proven to be correct saying he's a real possibility.

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
B1G is correct on show cause. The larger question is whether or not he can come back after lying. I would think there'd be as much opposition from Conference and Compliance as there was with Freeze...
So Freeze was actually in play? OC or analyst?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

This isn't just fans wishing. The talk of Davis is coming from folks that have proven to be correct saying he's a real possibility.
I did already mention the fact that having an extra guy now means in theory one doesn't have to recruit at all. How that could come into play here would be interesting. One would argue the guy who previously held the position wasn't recruiting either.

One could imagine a scenario in which Davis returned under the stipulation he doesn't recruit again, period (off campus at least). That would be an interesting circumstance but one that's more possible now.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Yep, the open dialog between the two is how Pete Golding ended up here.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I did already mention the fact that having an extra guy now means in theory one doesn't have to recruit at all. How that could come into play here would be interesting. One would argue the guy who previously held the position wasn't recruiting either.

One could imagine a scenario in which Davis returned under the stipulation he doesn't recruit again, period (off campus at least). That would be an interesting circumstance but one that's more possible now.
Wouldn't need to go that far...just until after show cause has expired. Bo's greatness is his combination of recruiting and on-the-field position coaching.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I bet this ends up dead in the water like the Freeze stuff. I won't say it will not happen but I'd be pretty dang surprised if it did.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
What if we hire Davis but make him the tenth coach that can't recruit? At least for the next year or so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Agreed on they lying.

Well, count me surprised. Trust is such an integral part of the Process, I would never have thought Saban would forgive a lie.

Apparently, that is an invalid assumption.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Freddie Roach's name is being thrown around. Gotta think he'd jump at the opportunity to come home and leave Ole Miss
I did not recall Freddie going to OM or Bates being the DL coach at Clemson. TBH, I would take any of the 4 shown in that article but it seems Saban has not hired legacy on-field coaches.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.