Link: Coaching Carousel Continues...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Some rumors that Lance Thompson might be in the mix
BOL floated his name out last week and still has him on their hot board. Would be completely surprised if he got rehired a third time, especially after his last time here.

Saban does the unexpected, though.

jme

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 1, 2018
He's a known quantity but I'd heard others on this board say he was unlikely to be welcomed back to Tuscaloosa. Could be misremembering.
I would be a little surprised if he's brought back but Saban knows what he's doing

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
BOL floated his name out last week and still has him on their hot board. Would be completely surprised if he got rehired a third time, especially after his last time here.

Yup, I was actually shocked when he was brought back the last time. Thought that would never happen...

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

Wasn't he fired for extra-carricular stuff? He is a good recruiter though.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Yup, I was actually shocked when he was brought back the last time. Thought that would never happen...
Agreed. He's now left twice under less-than-ideal circumstances. Saban does some counter-intuitive things, but bringing Lance Thompson back for a third stint would be a shocker.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I thought he was on Muschamp's staff at USCe. I too would be surprised if Thompson returns to Tuscaloosa, but you never say never. Yeah, Lupoi's specialty is the defensive line and Thompson has coached LBs.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.