Link: Coaching Carousel Continues...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Agreed that this was kind of expected though I wish we could have held on to KD for at least another 12 months until we get out Ace back.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Agreed that this was kind of expected though I wish we could have held on to KD for at least another 12 months until we get out Ace back.
Rumor is CNS has had a change of heart and may put up with him not being able to recruit off=campus until next April.

Todd Bates has been mentioned, too.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Good for Coach Dunbar (he has put together some very good d-lines), not great for Bama, but I'd rather have coaches other teams want than have a bunch of coaches nobody wanted to hire away from Bama.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm not surprised by Dunbar looking around... Heard interesting story between Langham and Dunbar in a article written by Andrew Bone... he's a good coach. Did great job coaching those boys up... but the fact is.. he's just a NFL Coach. I would expect saban to take his time and see what's out there.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I doubt we bring back Bo Davis in 2019. If Dunbar is a recruiting liability, I bet he takes this job with the Steelers and we hire someone with better recruiting chops. I hate it because I think our DL production has improved drastically under Dunbar but he's likely like Stoutland and just a guy who wants to coach young men.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm not surprised by Dunbar looking around... Heard interesting story between Langham and Dunbar in a article written by Andrew Bone... he's a good coach. Did great job coaching those boys up... but the fact is.. he's just a NFL Coach. I would expect saban to take his time and see what's out there.
I think Saban has come to realize that many of the older NFL coaches just simply don't have an appetite for recruiting. He's been saying privately for a while that it was going to change, one way or the other. I think we're just seeing that being carried out...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Saban said something yesterday about how competing on the field is the #1 thing we do but competing on the recruiting trail is obviously #2.

If things were just about competing on the field, we'd never had the Cristobal era OLs that just tried to out-athlete people and were kinda technically under developed. But the guy had a big hand in signing Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley because South Florida was his recruiting region. Without those two Miami-area WR talents I think it is fair to say we'd be three national title trophies lighter right now.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.