Link: Coaching Carousel Continues...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
My question is who in the organization provides counsel and support to CNS in all the issues that come into play in handling staffing issues? With all of the constant turnover there has to be a lot of thought going into retention, selection and hiring. In today's world they obviously have to spend a lot more time on thorough background checks.

As I think about the athlete recruiting process and all the associated issues with putting a competitive team on the field I come to believe it is way to much for a head coach to deal with. It is obviously a much larger sports enterprise today than in Coach Bryant's time.

Watching a guy with Chris Weinke's background leave last week it got me to thinking with all of the QB issues Bama has how is it that he was not an important cog in the machine.

I am increasingly troubled that this has become the Achilles heel for CNS and the Alabama program.
Weinke did help some last year, but he couldn’t do nearly as much as wanted because he was only an analyst. Saban hired him with the expectation of him being the tenth assistant last year, but the NCAA delayed the implementation of the rule. Therefore, he was only an analyst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My question is who in the organization provides counsel and support to CNS in all the issues that come into play in handling staffing issues? With all of the constant turnover there has to be a lot of thought going into retention, selection and hiring. In today's world they obviously have to spend a lot more time on thorough background checks.

As I think about the athlete recruiting process and all the associated issues with putting a competitive team on the field I come to believe it is way to much for a head coach to deal with. It is obviously a much larger sports enterprise today than in Coach Bryant's time.

Watching a guy with Chris Weinke's background leave last week it got me to thinking with all of the QB issues Bama has how is it that he was not an important cog in the machine.

I am increasingly troubled that this has become the Achilles heel for CNS and the Alabama program.
IF we have an "Achilles Heel," I'm quite sure any other program in America would love to have it... :D

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
IF we have an "Achilles Heel," I'm quite sure any other program in America would love to have it... :D
I believe that CNS may be strengthening his staff from where it was this year but the last three years have put stress on the organization to say the least. You likely recall Coach Bryant having similar organizational losses in the late 60's and some recruiting shortfalls that took some time and moving to a new offense to turn around. My concern more than anything I think is having the university put all of that on one individual. There just has to come a point where he tires of the constant grind even though he places so much on himself.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL

125-14 in the last 10 years. 64-7 In the last 5 years. 41-3 in the last 3 years. Pretty small heel if you ask me.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I believe that CNS may be strengthening his staff from where it was this year but the last three years have put stress on the organization to say the least. You likely recall Coach Bryant having similar organizational losses in the late 60's and some recruiting shortfalls that took some time and moving to a new offense to turn around. My concern more than anything I think is having the university put all of that on one individual. There just has to come a point where he tires of the constant grind even though he places so much on himself.
It's really difficult to retain staff when the rest of the college football world believes you are gold with any ounce of training under Nick Saban.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Let me get this right: Todd Bates
Eric Henderson
Travis Jones
Derrick leBlanc
Kevin People
Freddie Roach
Lance Thompson
Chris Partridge

That's a heck of a list to interview and still haven't decided on who he wants....FWIW: Partridge was ranked #1 in 24/7 recruiting ranking. Had 14 commits.Something tells me Partridge would be the obvious choice.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Let me get this right: Todd Bates
Eric Henderson
Travis Jones
Derrick leBlanc
Kevin People
Freddie Roach
Lance Thompson
Chris Partridge

That's a heck of a list to interview and still haven't decided on who he wants....FWIW: Partridge was ranked #1 in 24/7 recruiting ranking. Had 14 commits.Something tells me Partridge would be the obvious choice.
That may or may not be accurate.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.