Jeff Sessions recommends aspirin instead of opioids for chronic pain patients

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Attorney General Jeff Sessions this week said that the solution for many people who suffer from chronic pain should be to “take aspirin and tough it out.”

The Tampa Bay Times reports Sessions, who has staunchly opposed legalizing medicinal marijuana to help people suffering from chronic pain, gave an address at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Tampa this week where he bashed doctors for giving their patients too many addictive painkillers.
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/to...-chronic-pain-patients/#.Wnym9O-HrW8.facebook

Goodness, this guy is such a piece of crap. Why couldn't you people just keep him in Alabama?

And for the record, this is yet another of the many examples as to why I don't want the government any more involved in my health care than it already is.

Last edited:

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
When he has his next major surgery, I hope his doctors take his advice. He looks like a guy who would be screaming for morphine after suffering a paper cut.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/to...-chronic-pain-patients/#.Wnym9O-HrW8.facebook

Goodness, this guys is such a piece of crap. Why couldn't you people just keep him in Alabama?

And for the record, this is yet another of the many examples as to why I don't want the government any more involved in my health care than it already is.
Easy there. Surrender to Big Brother's crushing embrace. Yeah, he's retarded and strong as an ox, but he knows what's best for you.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015

Goodness, this guys is such a piece of crap. Why couldn't you people just keep him in Alabama?

But they are from the government, and they are here to help us ! Bless their cold cash grabbing hearts, as they know what's good/best for us all.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I can't say what I want to say about this guy and keep it rated R or below.

I've been taking care of 1-2 disabled parents for over 6 years who both have/had suffered with chronic pain daily. I'd love for this piece of work to come tell me to give them a damn aspirin and 'tough it out'.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Truth be told, ole Jeffy probably has a script for an opioid pain reliever at this very minute. But, you know, just like healthcare, they want to levy the rules...as long as they don’t have to follow them!

Some folks deal with relentless, agonizing chronic pain. Some to the point they contemplate suicide because they are just plain damn tired of non stop pain. I’d bet everything I have that HE doesn’t just pop a couple aspirin every time he is dealing with pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Slight change of subject. My Dad had an extremely high pain threshold. At age 80 he had a compound fracture of his leg and had a steel pin inserted. He had a huge incision on his leg. What did he take for postoperative pain? Absolutely nothing. He had both knees replaced. What did he take for pain? Absolutely nothing. Said he didn't need anything. He was one tough SOB. Myself? I beg for painkillers.

Y'all medical experts might know. Aren't quite a few doctors using strategies other than opioids to deal with chronic pain?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I can't say what I want to say about this guy and keep it rated R or below.

I've been taking care of 1-2 disabled parents for over 6 years who both have/had suffered with chronic pain daily. I'd love for this piece of work to come tell me to give them a damn aspirin and 'tough it out'.
sorry to hear that.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
And heaven forbid we legalize cannabis for pain, which seems a whole lot safer than opiods. I think he saw the movie Reefer Madness a few too many times.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Many people who don't experience chronic pain say things like that. They have no idea what it's like. I do. I live with sciatica and arthritis every day. It makes life really miserable without pain meds.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
And heaven forbid we legalize cannabis for pain, which seems a whole lot safer than opiods. I think he saw the movie Reefer Madness a few too many times.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Google Rick Simpson Oil, works wonders for pain relief.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Slight change of subject. My Dad had an extremely high pain threshold. At age 80 he had a compound fracture of his leg and had a steel pin inserted. He had a huge incision on his leg. What did he take for postoperative pain? Absolutely nothing. He had both knees replaced. What did he take for pain? Absolutely nothing. Said he didn't need anything. He was one tough SOB. Myself? I beg for painkillers.

Y'all medical experts might know. Aren't quite a few doctors using strategies other than opioids to deal with chronic pain?
I'm not that tough but I did turn down the morphine pump for my recent gut surgery. After that, I go two Ultram and then went to Tylenol. for one thing, opiods slow down your gut and that's the last thing you need when you're trying to get it going again. I really don't perceive pain in a normal manner and it shows up in genetic testing...

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm not that tough but I did turn down the morphine pump for my recent gut surgery. After that, I go two Ultram and then went to Tylenol. for one thing, opiods slow down your gut and that's the last thing you need when you're trying to get it going again. I really don't perceive pain in a normal manner and it shows up in genetic testing...
Not to be TMI but that's 100% exactly why I personally won't take them either. I've only even taken pain meds when I had a couple hernia surgeries in my 20's. The pain was off the charts and I couldn't even take normal steps walking. I tried to compensate the pain pills by eating 'ruffage' like salads and it still gave me bad problems. I haven't taken a pain pill since no matter how bad I've hurt and I've had two knee surgeries since.

BUT... both my parents absolutely could not/can not live day to day without being in excruciating chronic pain. They needed/need daily opiates just to keep going.

Sorry for changing tense constantly but my Mom had probably 6 surgeries at least in the last 10 years and just passed in Aug 2016 (Lung Cancer) and my Dad is currently suffering from Degenerative Osteoporosis and COPD. So I've been dealing with this issue constantly the past 6 years and see the agony from the outside everyday and all I wan't to do is ease their pain.

People like this jackleg Sessions make me violently angry with their obtuse ignorance. It's one thing to think that some people abuse opiates (which some do) but it's absolutely a whole other unbelievable mindset that someone could think people with severe disabling daily chronic pain and/or illnesses just need to 'toughen up'.

Jeff Sessions needs to go spend 4-6 months at a Cancer treatment clinic with people post-surgery on chemo and tell those people and families they just need some aspirin and see how that goes. I know how I'd react. He wouldn't make it out I don't think.

As to why some people have different thresholds of pain?.... I have no idea but it doesn't mean the pain isn't real and completely unbearable. I just can't believe how unsympathetic and wholly ignorant Sessions is as a person. He is complete garbage and barely qualifies as human.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
http://reason.com/blog/2018/02/08/jeff-sessions-advice-to-pain-patients-ta

If we extend the attorney general's medical advice to people who suffer from severe chronic pain—people who need opioids to get out of bed in the morning and have something like a normal life, people who may be driven to suicide when they are denied adequate medicationhis attitude is not merely cruel but downright barbaric. As a college student with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome told me when I interviewed him for an upcoming Reason feature story about opioids, the right kind of pain medication can be "the difference between wanting to put a bullet in your brain and enjoying life."Sessions' "tough it out" recommendation is similar to remarks he made after a speech on Tuesday night at the Heritage Foundation. "Sometimes you just need to take two Bufferin or something and go to bed," he said.
Bob Twillman, executive director of the Academy of Integrative Pain Management, says Sessions' comments show he has no idea what he is talking about. "That remark reflects a failure to recognize the severity of pain of some patients," Twillman told the Tampa Bay Times. "It's an unconscionable remark. It further illustrates how out of touch parts of the administration are with opioids and pain management."
Sessions is a moron. He is willfully ignorant. But the problem does not begin or end with him. The feds and the states are placing more and more barriers to suffering people receiving adequate pain relief. He doesn't care about people suffering (as is obvious given his statement). He doesn't even care that people are dying from overdose. If he cared he'd make getting legal medication easier and not harder. That's before we even get too far in this stupid idiotic war on drugs farce - but make no mistake, this is all about the failed war on drugs. The harder legal drugs are to acquire, the more people die of overdose. The more drugs that are bought on the black market, the less pure and more deadly the drugs are - and the more people die. And he wants to make it impossible for people to get CBD and cannabis, which help many people with pain and other conditions effectively and safely. He is a cold, heartless poor excuse for a thinking man. I won't wish ill upon him but I do wish that he could truly experience some of the misery he and others have caused so many.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.