Question: What effect will all the coaching changes have on this year‘s team?

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
It's still Coach Saban's team.
Expect to see Coach Saban's Defense.
It will be retooled some from last year,
but all of this last years injuries gave tons of experience to next years starters...
SO... Lots of experience returning.

Expect Coach Loxley to run a similar Offense, but with maybe a few more runs by our Running Backs. Offense could be explosive.

AND...
Maybe we make some clutch Field Goals. ;)
Dan Enos is going to be a co-offensive coordinator with Locksley. Should be fun to watch.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Defensively we run the Saban system, biggest question will come on game day to see how well Tosh can call it under pressure.

Offensively I tried to look at What Locksley did at his other stops but he didn't have a top flight QB at any of his stops. He did a good job of keeping the run/pass ratio pretty even. I think you'll see a pro set with some spread formations and a few RPO thrown in but not real heavy on that. Just more of an option.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Someone pointed out that we are changing staff alot which will help bring fresh ideas. Fresh ideas are needed in every program. However 6 of 9 may be alot. I view it like this: change, especially positive change is good. However, if change is too rapid it is bad. Saban has spoken several times of team identity. That is very important however the team identity has changed year to year. Program identity has been the same every year under Saban. I do not care if you are talking of offense under Nussemeir or Kiffin, defense under Smart or Pruitt. Our team under Saban has been : superior talent, executing plays as close to perfection as humanly possible , with some of the best halftime adjustments ever seen by any coaching staff. I just do not want too much new ideas and new coaching staff to change the CNS team identity.
There is only one coaching change that will derail our run, That is when Nick hangs it up. He has shown all other coaching changes may change the looks of our team but not our success. I have 100% faith in this team as long as Saban is at the top. Until he fails I have to think we will keep on rolling. He has the track record no one can argue with, the facts show as long as Nick Saban is the HC we will be in the NC hunt every year. Until he flops it is hard to argue any other outcome.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
There is only one coaching change that will derail our run, That is when Nick hangs it up. He has shown all other coaching changes may change the looks of our team but not our success. I have 100% faith in this team as long as Saban is at the top. Until he fails I have to think we will keep on rolling. He has the track record no one can argue with, the facts show as long as Nick Saban is the HC we will be in the NC hunt every year. Until he flops it is hard to argue any other outcome.
I tend to agree with this. When you have the same HC and the same five year span in recruiting and have been winning ..... I don't see much of a drop off, if at all. If we can convert on 3rd down this year ..... LOOK OUT, because that means our D get good field position most of the time.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I tend to agree with this. When you have the same HC and the same five year span in recruiting and have been winning ..... I don't see much of a drop off, if at all. If we can convert on 3rd down this year ..... LOOK OUT, because that means our D get good field position most of the time.
Even our inability to convert 3rd downs last year couldn't stop us from another national championship. : )
But obviously I agree with you. I'd like to convert ALL the 3rd downs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.