JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
So-so finish undersells a solid class
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
February 9th, 2018 01:17 AM
A year after signing what was at the time, the best class in Alabama history on paper – a heralding that backed itself up on the field once the fall came – Alabama couldn’t repeat its past glories, and ended up signing the lowest-ranked class since Nick […]

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Solid is good. As long as these players buy in, we'll be in good shape. I like the way that, for the most part, we were still able to fill needs. Thanks for the review Jess!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Interesting to see the special teams development up until Spring with an actual special teams coach.

Thank you Jess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
So-so finish undersells a solid class
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief

February 9th, 2018 01:17 AM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Feb. 8, 2018 A year after signing what was at the time, the best class in Alabama history on paper – a heralding that backed itself up on the field once the fall came – Alabama couldn’t repeat its past glories, and ended up signing the lowest-ranked class since Nick […]

Read More Here
Great analysis, I'm really excited about this class, it has great potential to fill needs, If the few that need to qualify do, this class could make history as being the greatest small class for Bama! Thanks Jess for another great piece!

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Another DT would have been nice, but this class addresses needs at CB in a big way. Add in impact guys like Waddle and Anoma and I think it’s a great group. Fact is we are pretty stacked and deep as it is...all of these young men will be great additions and it will be fun seeing who emerges for early playing time.

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
thanks for the write up.... Looks like a pretty good class. Comparing any class to the 2017 class will make it look a little lacking. Surtain was the one I was hoping for the most....

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
if Barmore qualifies, there are no holes. we will address interior DL and LB in '19.

This class secured the pass defense with DBs and a couple of pass rushers.

Plus, we can get a full class in '19 now, which already looks like will be another '17 type class.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I haven't followed recruiting as much the last couple of years, but I always enjoy reading the analysis to see how well we did. I was also hoping we would add another interior defensive lineman or two, but this seems like yet another talented group of players. I hope they are also hard workers and respectable young men who enjoy their years at the Capstone.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Thanks Jess.

We've seen that teams dont need to have the #1 recruiting class every year to win. It certainly has been great with our run of top classes and multiple titles. But a single "down" year by Alabama's amazingly high standards will not keep us from another championship or two before this incoming class graduates. We still have CNS. Hopefully we will have much better fortune against injuries next year. Still a solid haul considering the number of spots and internal headwinds.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Jess I liked your class breakdown so much that I read it to my buddy in tenersee. I've told him repeatedly to go to TideFans.com and to no avail. He's woefully computer illiterate , and a retired H.S. Principal, needless to say he liked it. Anyway I and many members gave it a well deserved thanks and likes, but one really has to like it to read it a second time(and enjoyed it) word for word over the phone long distance. We talked over 55 mn. and maybe he'll visit, IDK, might have been in East Tnn to long. Although he is a Crimson Tide fan, he likes ut except when they play Bama!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.