A Perfect Storm 1979 Daytona 500

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
We moved to Florida in January 1970. Just a 20 minute drive from Daytona Beach. And that year....I saw my first Daytona 500 and 24 Hours. In person.

This video brings back memories. Man those were the good old days......

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
Those were great days. I had just flunked out of UA, we won a NC in 78 and would win again in 79. At 19 and living as an adult for the first time was quite a thrill. At that time Alabama had lowered the drinking age to 19, but due to the loss of Highway funds from the Fed it was raised back to 21. The good thing was all those 19+ could continue legal drinking. Also about that time Playboy had rated Bama as one of the top party schools. No wonder I didn't make it!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Those were great days. I had just flunked out of UA, we won a NC in 78 and would win again in 79. At 19 and living as an adult for the first time was quite a thrill. At that time Alabama had lowered the drinking age to 19, but due to the loss of Highway funds from the Fed it was raised back to 21. The good thing was all those 19+ could continue legal drinking. Also about that time Playboy had rated Bama as one of the top party schools. No wonder I didn't make it!
Thanks for the great post, Valley View!

I wasn't what you would call the ideal student myself in college. All I wanted to do is surf! Hard to do when you're located an hour away from the beach.....

I was already out of school by 2 years when this race was run so got you by a couple years!

I wonder where UF was ranked on that party school list? :rolleye2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.