La Tech's Jacobi Boykins is Thursday Night's Victim of an Official Being Stupid

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
That is incredibly and utterly ridiculous! Too many officials now think that the game is about them. He did nothing wrong. That’s awful and it really makes me mad. Basketball officials are ruining the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
On the first T, I have absolutely no idea what was called. I didn't see anything.

On the 2nd (the first in the OP), the T was for taunting, because Boykins smiled at the defender who had almost tripped him. Both calls were travesties, IMO.
But the second one was called from the official trailing the play, so he couldn’t have seen Boykin’s face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
Reminds me of the refs we had when I was in high school. Bored with the game and bored with their jobs so they just call stuff to create some form of drama in the game.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
There doesn't appear to be anything worthy of a regular foul, much less a technical, much less an ejection. Of course, we don't know if the kid said anything or had been jawing all night and had been given warnings. If he was yelling obscenities after being warned, I can see it; otherwise, those calls were horrible.

bama_fan01

Hall of Fame
Aug 25, 2003
Ranburne, AL, USA
I read on another site that the first T was for excessive profanity. Not sure what that entails, but I find it hard to believe that a kid could get a T for profanity in college ball. I umpired HS baseball for years, and it was supposed to be an automatic ejection. Sometimes you have to use discretion and judgement, though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.