Clemson's DC Venables set to make $2 million/year.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
But that's not what we're discussing when talking about the term Clemsoning.
I get it. But I'm saying what we're now pointing at Dabo for as "clemsonsing", is something that isn't uncommon to other elite programs on a yearly basis. It happens to someone almost every year. If that's the case then Dabo's "Clemsoning" is nothing like it used to be. Nowhere close. Yeah, it's funny to laugh at, but it isn't anywhere close to what they used to do. Now, rather than blowing a hole in the entire boat and the entire country laughs the rest of the season as you sink. They take their eyes off the pier as they're docking and chip some paint off. Not as big of a deal in other words.

Last edited:

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
It's anyone's prerogative to want or not want any particular coach, but how successful a coach is, which is a different issue, is based on facts. No reasonable person can deny that the facts make clear that Dabo has built a top 5 program, more like number 2 or 3. This is barely a top 25 program historically. And they strike an attractive balance between being fairly sound and solid, as well as being fun and exciting. They may fall off or continue, but for the moment they are big time - that is impossible to deny.

Hey, they're 3-0 vs AU, 2-0 vs OSU and OU in the last 6 or 7 years. Shouldn't that buy a pinch of kindness from Bama fans :smile:?

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
For what it is worth, the thinking here in SC is that Venables has his eye on the Kansas State job and has been holding out, but right now that job is turning into such a dumpster fire with a bit of a power struggle between Snyder, AD, boosters, etc. that Venables is happy biding his time at Clemson making a cool $2 million a year. Hard to blame him as Clemson DC is a good gig right now and I wouldn't want to walk into the mess that is the KSU football program any time soon.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
For what it is worth, the thinking here in SC is that Venables has his eye on the Kansas State job and has been holding out, but right now that job is turning into such a dumpster fire with a bit of a power struggle between Snyder, AD, boosters, etc. that Venables is happy biding his time at Clemson making a cool $2 million a year. Hard to blame him as Clemson DC is a good gig right now and I wouldn't want to walk into the mess that is the KSU football program any time soon.
Can K State actually be a competitive program without a legend running the program? I've always wondered what Snyder could have done if he would have actually coached at a P5 program like Oklahoma, USCw, Alabama, OSU etc.? Why does Venables have such interest in K State?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Can K State actually be a competitive program without a legend running the program? I've always wondered what Snyder could have done if he would have actually coached at a P5 program like Oklahoma, USCw, Alabama, OSU etc.? Why does Venables have such interest in K State?
played and coached there....not that that necessarily means he wants to go back

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.