Medical marijuana - a veteran's story - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112
Results 144 to 151 of 151
  1. #144
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mountainous Northern California
    Posts
    12,771

    Re: Medical marijuana - a veteran's story

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    FWIW, after some further research, apparently best decarb is a combination of temp and time. Within limits, the higher the temp, the shorter the time. Some say 240F for 50 - 60 minutes for plant material is about right. If using kief, 240 for 30 - 40 minutes.

    The problem with higher temps is that if you are looking to preserve terpenes (for either medicinal quality or for taste/odor) the higher temps will make that impossible. If you don't care about that then no problem. If you do then low and slow is the way to go.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

    The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

  2. #145
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mountainous Northern California
    Posts
    12,771

    Re: Medical marijuana - a veteran's story

    Today marks 30 days in the soil, for those interested. We've had a few struggles but the plants are happy and healthy and growing like weeds.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

    The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

  3. #146
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Medical marijuana - a veteran's story

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    FWIW, after some further research, apparently best decarb is a combination of temp and time. Within limits, the higher the temp, the shorter the time. Some say 240F for 50 - 60 minutes for plant material is about right. If using kief, 240 for 30 - 40 minutes.

    Just FYI, if you place it in the oven at 240 for an hour, it could be an expensive mistake. When the temp drops below 240 and the oven kicks back on, the oven will get back up 30-40 degrees above what it is set at. The increased temperature of the oven itself is much less of a problem than the increase of the pan and the direct heat from the coils. I use aluminum foil on a pizza stone (the stone helps to regulate the temperature and prevents hot spots) on a bottom rack and then a large pan on a higher rack to prevent the radiant heat from the coils from causing hot spots. When the oven temp, with the stone in, stabilizes at 235, then I turn the oven off and place inside. I closely monitor the temp and when it drops to 200-210, I turn the oven on in 90 second intervals. After about 30 minutes, I remove and cool to room temp. Then it gets ground in a coffee grinder before going into coconut oil where it stays in a thick pan. This is where it goes low and slow. Half time on the lowest setting and the other half on just the warmer section.

  4. #147
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Jacksonville, Md USA
    Posts
    20,972

    Re: Medical marijuana - a veteran's story

    Quote Originally Posted by G-VilleTider View Post
    Just FYI, if you place it in the oven at 240 for an hour, it could be an expensive mistake. When the temp drops below 240 and the oven kicks back on, the oven will get back up 30-40 degrees above what it is set at. The increased temperature of the oven itself is much less of a problem than the increase of the pan and the direct heat from the coils. I use aluminum foil on a pizza stone (the stone helps to regulate the temperature and prevents hot spots) on a bottom rack and then a large pan on a higher rack to prevent the radiant heat from the coils from causing hot spots. When the oven temp, with the stone in, stabilizes at 235, then I turn the oven off and place inside. I closely monitor the temp and when it drops to 200-210, I turn the oven on in 90 second intervals. After about 30 minutes, I remove and cool to room temp. Then it gets ground in a coffee grinder before going into coconut oil where it stays in a thick pan. This is where it goes low and slow. Half time on the lowest setting and the other half on just the warmer section.
    Or get a Nova

  5. #148
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mountainous Northern California
    Posts
    12,771

    Re: Medical marijuana - a veteran's story

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    Or get a Nova
    Or a cannabutter.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

    The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

  6. #149
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mountainous Northern California
    Posts
    12,771

    Re: Medical marijuana - a veteran's story

    https://reason.com/2019/07/23/the-ha...32muYyb-K0KFEM

    A bill introduced today by Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) would repeal the federal ban on marijuana, expunge the records of people who have been convicted of violating it, and impose a 5 percent sales tax on cannabis products to fund an Opportunity Trust Fund. Well, two out of three ain't bad.
    Just pass a clean bill and worry about anything else later. Of course, I'm not too worried about a tax since I can grow it.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

    The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

  7. #150
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Medical marijuana - a veteran's story

    Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    https://reason.com/2019/07/23/the-ha...32muYyb-K0KFEM



    Just pass a clean bill and worry about anything else later. Of course, I'm not too worried about a tax since I can grow it.
    Unfortunately there are so many "poison pills" in this proposed bill that it seems like it was written specifically to not pass; however, each new attempt continues to move the needle so that maybe after the election someone can propose a "cleaner" bill that isn't DOA.

  8. #151
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mountainous Northern California
    Posts
    12,771

    Re: Medical marijuana - a veteran's story

    Quote Originally Posted by G-VilleTider View Post
    Unfortunately there are so many "poison pills" in this proposed bill that it seems like it was written specifically to not pass; however, each new attempt continues to move the needle so that maybe after the election someone can propose a "cleaner" bill that isn't DOA.
    Kamala can't help but bring some of that California stupidity to the table when it comes to this. She didn't learn from what happened in her own state with taxing the legal stuff too heavily. The black market was saved and out of state dispensaries got a boost in sales, not to mention home growing became ever more popular.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

    The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear