Link: Reuben in trouble again... (DV Charges Dropped) (UPDATE: Suspended 2 Games)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Reuben in trouble again...

True but if he had kept out of trouble in the past and not had the illegal gun then this probably would just go away for him. He needs to learn from this and just make better decisions...
“Illegal gun”? He should challenge the hell out of that case. I’m sure a LOT of 2nd amendment groups would gladly help him out.

Lookup McDonald vs. City of Chicago Reuben.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Reuben in trouble again...

They very well might drop it to avoid someone who has the financial capacity to challenge it.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

After this latest revelation about her lies......I agree, this woman needs to be arrested and charged with a crime and punished somehow. I don't know if a civil suit makes sense but that's something else to consider.

This is the biggest bunch of TOTAL BS I have ever heard of! The fact that the judge didn't immediately dismiss the charges baffles me to no end!

Ennis is 100% POISON...and I can only hope Reuben (and others of course) learn from this unfortunate situation.

Reuben Foster's ex-girlfriend testifies she lied about domestic violence after he ended relationship

The former girlfriend of Reuben Foster testified at a preliminary hearing Thursday that she lied to police when she said the San Francisco 49ers linebacker attacked her, allegations that led to a domestic violence case against him.

Elissa Ennis testified she lied because she wanted retribution after Foster tried to end their relationship, saying she was angry "and I wanted to end him." When asked by prosecutor Kevin Smith if Foster ever hit her, Ennis replied, "No, sir. Not once."

Foster was arrested after Ennis told police he dragged her by her hair, physically threw her out of their house and punched her in the head eight to 10 times in February. He has been charged with domestic violence with an allegation that he inflicted great bodily injury, forcefully attempting to prevent a victim from reporting a crime and possession of an assault weapon. Foster pleaded not guilty last week.

Ennis subsequently issued a statement through her attorney saying her injuries, including a ruptured eardrum, were the result of a fight with another woman.

Prosecutors have said they will continue to pursue the case even if Ennis does not cooperate with the investigation. The prosecution said Ennis' testimony couldn't be trusted given inconsistencies throughout.

Judge Nona Klippen said she will rule Wednesday on whether the case should continue to trial.

Ennis, who testified against the advice of her attorney, said in court Thursday that she wanted to testify to "do the right thing."

She said Foster broke up with her after she got into the fight with another woman during a road rage incident in San Francisco. A 22-second video clip of that fight was presented as evidence in the case.

Ennis said she initially wanted to sue Foster. "It was all about the money," she said.

Ennis also testified that she stole more than $8,000 in cash from Foster, two Rolex watches and designer clothing.

During cross examination by Foster's attorney Joshua Bentley, Ennis said she went to jail in 2011 for falsely accusing an ex-boyfriend of domestic violence.

If convicted of all charges, Foster could face up to 11 years in prison. Foster remains a member of the 49ers although the team hasn't allowed him to participate in the offseason program while his case is ongoing.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

After this latest revelation about her lies......I agree, this woman needs to be arrested and charged with a crime and punished somehow.
Probably the only thing keeping that from happening is a concern that women who are telling the truth about abuse might fear coming forward. I think this woman has mental issues and needs some serious help that she will never get. If she were a man, she would probably already be in prison for some violent offense.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Probably the only thing keeping that from happening is a concern that women who are telling the truth about abuse might fear coming forward. I think this woman has mental issues and needs some serious help that she will never get. If she were a man, she would probably already be in prison for some violent offense.
I would think women with legitimate DV claims want this case to go away quickly and quietly. This case can't be good for any of their claims.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I'm pretty sure the worst she'll get is some mandatory counseling if they charged her but I imagine they won't charge her at all.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

If that's the case - that's even more BS that shouldn't be happening.....

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

This may be just me but I think it would be justice for a known, proven, false-accuser - if it can actually be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that the accuser knowingly and intentionally made a false accusation - to receive the sentence the other person would have received if convicted for the falsely accused crime.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If that's the case - that's even more BS that shouldn't be happening.....
I don't have the answer - there probably isn't a perfect answer. Do we just focus on justice here? Ignore possible consequences? Maybe that's the best that we can do. Maybe we can hope to do better? I just know that it is more complicated than it appears to be.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012

“Illegal gun”? He should challenge the hell out of that case. I’m sure a LOT of 2nd amendment groups would gladly help him out.

Lookup McDonald vs. City of Chicago Reuben.

I thought it was determined that the particular assault rifle that Reuben possessed was illegal in California?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

This may be just me but I think it would be justice for a known, proven, false-accuser - if it can actually be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that the accuser knowingly and intentionally made a false accusation - to receive the sentence the other person would have received if convicted for the falsely accused crime.
I know I am in the minority but I think a D.A. who loses a "political case" should be fired and fined all the court costs. That might stop so many stupid political trials, like that Milton McGregor fiasco of a few years back.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I know I am in the minority but I think a D.A. who loses a "political case" should be fired and fined all the court costs. That might stop so many stupid political trials, like that Milton McGregor fiasco of a few years back.
I know you're just venting, but there's no way to even begin to explain how impossible this is... :D

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

That was a federal case, so it would have been a US attorney.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

Lost in all of this is the idea that we're known by the company we keep. Reuben needs to get a new set of friends. And he needs some life skills training that apparently wasn't while growing up.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

The title should be changed. Glad he got to avoid losing his career over a crazy chick. Hopefully he’ll learn how important his circle of friends is when you’re famous and have money. I pray he finds good confidants that look out for him rather than take advantage of him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.