Link: Reuben in trouble again... (DV Charges Dropped) (UPDATE: Suspended 2 Games) - Page 4
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Re: Reuben in trouble again...

What CNS told Foster after the draft
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; February 12th, 2018 at 04:22 PM. Reason: removed link - wasn't going where you thought it was...
    "I could tell they really didn't want to play against us any longer." - Alabama defensive end Jesse Williams

2. Advertisement
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Are you kidding me Reuben? I am speechless.

BamaNation All-American

Reuben is an All Pro type of guy. Probably the best ILB in the Saban era. Unfortunately, being good at football doesn't make you a good person or help you make the right decisions in life.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

The article doesn't say whether or not the gun is illegal to own in California. It says it depends and kind of leaves it open ended. Obviously have to see how it plays out but if he gets cleared on the domestic and the gun is legal then what? I know that seems highly unlikely right now but just a thought..

Meh, typical semi-auto sport rifle.

ETA: except if it's an SBR, he better have the mandatory BATFE tax stamp or he WILL go to federal prison.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    I wonder how this stuff was handled 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60, years beyond....it’s not like pro athletes just started to do this stuff in the last 5 years.
    The difference today is the abundance of video camera everywhere. Sadly, the outrage only started when the public saw players punching women on CCTV.
    "I'm a loner. And a loner has got to be alone"
    Jesse

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    The article doesn't say whether or not the gun is illegal to own in California. It says it depends and kind of leaves it open ended. Obviously have to see how it plays out but if he gets cleared on the domestic and the gun is legal then what? I know that seems highly unlikely right now but just a thought..
    The offending features are a forward pistol grip, and the ability to accept a detachable magazine.

I have every expectation that this weapon is illegal there, but this is more an indictment of California's ridiculous laws than of Reuben's choice in firearm, though he ought to know better than to push his luck in a state like that.

If the barrel length is shorter than 16" then there is even more trouble, since it would be in violation of federal law if unlicensed, which I would be shocked if Reuben went through the hoops required to possess such a weapon legally.

The Mercury-News is calling it a "short-barreled rifle" but I have zero confidence in their ability to get the terminology right. The Sig 516 has barrel lengths ranging from 7.5 to 18 inches, with 16 being the most common. The news page contains a link to a Youtube video of the CQB, which has a 10 inch barrel, but the video has zero to do with Reuben Foster.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Hitting a paywall for the content. Just the pic of the Sig...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Hitting a paywall for the content. Just the pic of the Sig...
    Disable ad blocker and refresh the page, you should be able to see the article.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    The offending features are a forward pistol grip, and the ability to accept a detachable magazine.

I have every expectation that this weapon is illegal there, but this is more an indictment of California's ridiculous laws than of Reuben's choice in firearm, though he ought to know better than to push his luck in a state like that.

If the barrel length is shorter than 16" then there is even more trouble, since it would be in violation of federal law if unlicensed, which I would be shocked if Reuben went through the hoops required to possess such a weapon legally.

The Mercury-News is calling it a "short-barreled rifle" but I have zero confidence in their ability to get the terminology right. The Sig 516 has barrel lengths ranging from 7.5 to 18 inches, with 16 being the most common. The news page contains a link to a Youtube video of the CQB, which has a 10 inch barrel, but the video has zero to do with Reuben Foster.
    It's a different world there. I know my AR is illegal there on several counts. The effect of the new law creeping through Congress is going to be interesting on "islands" like CA, depending on form when it's finally passed...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American WylieTexasTider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    It's a different world there. I know my AR is illegal there on several counts. The effect of the new law creeping through Congress is going to be interesting on "islands" like CA, depending on form when it's finally passed...
    Even then the "islands" will probably sue and force SCOTUS to rule. Even then the courts will still struggle. Two summers ago I drove from Dallas to NY and thought about bringing my XDM .45 and checked the laws of every state I'd pass to make my Texas CHL would be valid. I was good until I got to NY. Called a friend I grew up with who is a detective with NYPD and he said you may be ok based on the "passing through" provision as long as the weapon and Ammo were separate and not accessible from the passenger area. He went on to say "Good luck on knowing what defines weapon and ammo separate and not accessible." It will vary based on the Judge, Police and DA. Get nailed in NYC or West Chester County, kiss your butt and .45 goodbye. On the Island, depends on the county. Western/Upstate NY, they'd probably take you out shooting. I took his advice and left it home.

Back to football, I hope Reuben takes time to understand how serious this is and surrounds himself with the right advisors and take whatever action he needs to become a better person.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban