Link: Reuben in trouble again... (DV Charges Dropped) (UPDATE: Suspended 2 Games)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Reuben in trouble again...

Even then the "islands" will probably sue and force SCOTUS to rule. Even then the courts will still struggle. Two summers ago I drove from Dallas to NY and thought about bringing my XDM .45 and checked the laws of every state I'd pass to make my Texas CHL would be valid. I was good until I got to NY. Called a friend I grew up with who is a detective with NYPD and he said you may be ok based on the "passing through" provision as long as the weapon and Ammo were separate and not accessible from the passenger area. He went on to say "Good luck on knowing what defines weapon and ammo separate and not accessible." It will vary based on the Judge, Police and DA. Get nailed in NYC or West Chester County, kiss your butt and .45 goodbye. On the Island, depends on the county. Western/Upstate NY, they'd probably take you out shooting. I took his advice and left it home.

Back to football, I hope Reuben takes time to understand how serious this is and surrounds himself with the right advisors and take whatever action he needs to become a better person.
I look for a long period of litigation, if it passes. Hell, there's litigation still going on in Alabama. Here is the pertinent section in the Alabama Code:
b) Except as otherwise prohibited by law, a person legally permitted to possess a pistol, but who does not possess a valid concealed weapon permit, may possess an unloaded pistol in his or her
motor vehicle if the pistol is locked in a compartment or co
ntainer that is in or affixed securely to
the vehicle and out of reach of the driver and any passenger in the vehicle.

It's pretty similar to a lot of other states. After VA's changes of a couple of years ago, I feel safe with my permit, carrying in my vehicle as far as VA. I would never feel safe with a weapon in the vehicle in NY, even if the act passes Congress...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Yeah, I wouldn’t try north of VA either! NJ is as bad or worse than NY. NJ makes you show your Ammunition putchase card, firearm purchase license or carry license in order to purchase. (To get any of those you need approval from either the police chief in the municipality you reside or State Trooper in charge of the precinct closest to your home. lThe state also tracks all purchases including name, address, weapon type/serial #. The info is collected and given to law enforcement upon request.

Another hoop is the purchase license is good for 90 days and 1 weapon.

As my dad says if you own a gun in NJ, you better have an attorney on retainer b/c you’ll need them.....

I look for a long period of litigation, if it passes. Hell, there's litigation still going on in Alabama. Here is the pertinent section in the Alabama Code:

It's pretty similar to a lot of other states. After VA's changes of a couple of years ago, I feel safe with my permit, carrying in my vehicle as far as VA. I would never feel safe with a weapon in the vehicle in NY, even if the act passes Congress...

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015

Foster is one of my favorite players. Loved watching him knock folks silly, on special teams, especially! But he may very well be throwing away millions of dollars. Whether you believe something should be illegal or not is not relevant. If any of us were being paid several million a year to simply obey criminal laws we thought were silly, I'm sure most of us would gladly do it. Pot may be legal in San Fran, where he works..but obviously its not in Alabama, where he was arrested with it. Then he posseses a firearm that probably is legal in Bama ( from what I'm reading here), but its definitely not legal in San Fran!!

FInally, that little thing where he is alleged to have dragged a lady across the floor? Hopefully its all a big misunderstanding...as when he was told to leave the drug testing facility / medical facility at the NFL combine. But I have a feeling the guy who is misunderstanding how the world works, outside of campus, is Reuben.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

It's a different world there. I know my AR is illegal there on several counts. The effect of the new law creeping through Congress is going to be interesting on "islands" like CA, depending on form when it's finally passed...
It sure is.

When I lived in Alameda County, I looked into obtaining a concealed carry permit, and was told that it was at the discretion of the county sheriff whether to issue, and that their criteria was that I would have to show need, for example, work in a position in which I routinely carried valuables, etc. Carrying for personal protection in general was not something they would approve.

Later, when the police called soliciting for their charity, I cited this policy as the reason why I would not be contributing.

California remains steadfastly yellow:

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Well the wait is over, Foster is being charged with Felony Domestic Violence.
He is charged with 3 counts and if convicted, faces 11 years in prison. Report states that he hit her 8 to 10 times and dragged her by her hair.

we will see how this plays put in the court room.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Foster would have been a HOF if it wasn't for his character issues. That guy was headed toward being an all time great at the LB position.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

Sad story. I'm assuming the 49ers release him soon and he wont be on an NFL squad for the foreseeable future.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

The 49ers claim they've been aware of this, but I wonder if they only had Reuben's side of the story. I also wonder why it took 3 months to bring the charges. If it's all true, it's so sad. I've been hoping the 49ers would draft Rashaan Evans to pair with Reuben, and maybe even get Minkah floating around as safety.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

It'll be interesting to see how the 49ers play this. Hard to cut a 1st round pick after a good rookie year but these charges look bad.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

The 49ers claim they've been aware of this, but I wonder if they only had Reuben's side of the story. I also wonder why it took 3 months to bring the charges. If it's all true, it's so sad. I've been hoping the 49ers would draft Rashaan Evans to pair with Reuben, and maybe even get Minkah floating around as safety.

Much like the Ravens getting Ray Rice's side of the story before the video of him folding her over like a lawn chair in the elevator.

Report states that he hit her 8 to 10 times and dragged her by her hair.

This ^^^^^ is highly disturbing if it turns out to be true. I question if Foster went into this kind of detail with the 49er's management. In today's climate of domestic violence and the NFL. I would be willing to bet if Foster would have said "I hit her about 8-10 times and dragged her by her hair." They (SF management) would have told him "There's the door son, don't let it hit you..."

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Much like the Ravens getting Ray Rice's side of the story before the video of him folding her over like a lawn chair in the elevator.

This ^^^^^ is highly disturbing if it turns out to be true. I question if Foster went into this kind of detail with the 49er's management. In today's climate of domestic violence and the NFL. I would be willing to bet if Foster would have said "I hit her about 8-10 times and dragged her by her hair." They (SF management) would have told him "There's the door son, don't let it hit you..."
Good god I hope so. The victim should be thought of first in these situations but man it is sad to see someone with so much potential throw their life away like this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.