Link: Reuben in trouble again... - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Re: Reuben in trouble again...

Was this domestic violence though? Strange that you can’t remove someone from your home that doesn’t want to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

The domestic violence aside a man should be able to buy a gun to protect his home especially when you are a wealthy target. Heck even a poor target has the right to defend his property.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Was this domestic violence though? Strange that you can’t remove someone from your home that doesn’t want to leave.

No kidding. When we first moved into the house we're currently in we had to have about five trees cut down in the front yard. We hired someone to cut them down but specifically told them that's all we wanted them to do. We would handle the clean up. We wanted to cut up the wood for firewood and bonfire wood. It was going to take us a few weeks to get all of this done. My father in law and me were going to do it and we were going to take the weekends to do it.We both work full time jobs. We don't live in a "neighborhood" with HOA covenants or anything like that. But we do have neighbors within walking distance of our house.

One afternoon I'd just gotten home from work and a truck pulls into my drive. This man gets out and introduces himself as my "neighbor a few houses down". I figured he was just there to introduce himself and welcome us to the "neighborhood". Was I wrong. He proceeded to tell me that I needed to get the wood in my front yard cleaned up because it was an "eye sore" to the neighborhood. I "politely" told him that we were in the process of "cleaning it up" but it would be a few weeks and the best thing for him to do was get back in his little blue truck and get off my property. The situation began to escalate after I repeatedly asked the guy to leave. There was a point where I was about to literally punch the guy in the face but I started thinking of the legal ramifications that I could possibly have against me. My "final warning" to him was if he didn't remove himself from my property I was calling the sheriff's office. Thankfully he did leave without me having to call authorities. No one wants to get the cops involved. No one wins.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    No kidding. When we first moved into the house we're currently in we had to have about five trees cut down in the front yard. We hired someone to cut them down but specifically told them that's all we wanted them to do. We would handle the clean up. We wanted to cut up the wood for firewood and bonfire wood. It was going to take us a few weeks to get all of this done. My father in law and me were going to do it and we were going to take the weekends to do it.We both work full time jobs. We don't live in a "neighborhood" with HOA covenants or anything like that. But we do have neighbors within walking distance of our house.

One afternoon I'd just gotten home from work and a truck pulls into my drive. This man gets out and introduces himself as my "neighbor a few houses down". I figured he was just there to introduce himself and welcome us to the "neighborhood". Was I wrong. He proceeded to tell me that I needed to get the wood in my front yard cleaned up because it was an "eye sore" to the neighborhood. I "politely" told him that we were in the process of "cleaning it up" but it would be a few weeks and the best thing for him to do was get back in his little blue truck and get off my property. The situation began to escalate after I repeatedly asked the guy to leave. There was a point where I was about to literally punch the guy in the face but I started thinking of the legal ramifications that I could possibly have against me. My "final warning" to him was if he didn't remove himself from my property I was calling the sheriff's office. Thankfully he did leave without me having to call authorities. No one wants to get the cops involved. No one wins.
    Completely understand that. I do wish he’d use the same judgement, but to call it domestic abuse is a bit much.

BamaNation All-American CaliforniaTide's Avatar

DeMeco Ryans is a 49ers coach and I'd heard one of his responsibilities was to mentor Foster, especially since they share playing LB at Alabama. The only saving grace, right now, for Reuben and his career with the 49ers is that there is literally nothing else happening soon for players currently under contract. He's probably already lost some guarantees due to the marijuana incident. Lynch and Shanahan have both said that they look at these things on a case-by-case basis, but they immediately let go of Tremaine Brock last year before the start of OTAs due to a domestic violence incident.

As for the guns rules, it does not matter what Reuben should be allowed to own. CA's laws on the issue are what Reuben needs to be aware of. That's what matters in this decision making process. Furthermore, the NFL can do its own thing irrespective of what the prosecutors decide to do legally. Hopefully, Reuben will stay with the 49ers and go through the punishments that are doled out, and learn from this monumental incident.
    It's the edge of the world
    And all of Western civilization
    The sun may rise in the East
    At least it settles in its final location
    It's understood that Hollywood
    Sells Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers in Californication

Look at that dude go all Dareus on that colt...

BamaNation First Team

Wonder of Ruben bought it here and when he went out West took it with him thinking the laws were the same.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post

I once had a girlfriend deliberately stand in front of the TV at my place during a Bama game.
    Police became involved. Eventually.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    Wonder of Ruben bought it here and when he went out West took it with him thinking the laws were the same.
    Very well might have been the case. But it is Reuben's responsibility to be aware of these things. He's a big boy now.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    I once had a girlfriend deliberately stand in front of the TV at my place during a Bama game.
    I would have put her through the sheet rock.

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    Even then the "islands" will probably sue and force SCOTUS to rule. Even then the courts will still struggle. Two summers ago I drove from Dallas to NY and thought about bringing my XDM .45 and checked the laws of every state I'd pass to make my Texas CHL would be valid. I was good until I got to NY. Called a friend I grew up with who is a detective with NYPD and he said you may be ok based on the "passing through" provision as long as the weapon and Ammo were separate and not accessible from the passenger area. He went on to say "Good luck on knowing what defines weapon and ammo separate and not accessible." It will vary based on the Judge, Police and DA. Get nailed in NYC or West Chester County, kiss your butt and .45 goodbye. On the Island, depends on the county. Western/Upstate NY, they'd probably take you out shooting. I took his advice and left it home.

Back to football, I hope Reuben takes time to understand how serious this is and surrounds himself with the right advisors and take whatever action he needs to become a better person.
    I look for a long period of litigation, if it passes. Hell, there's litigation still going on in Alabama. Here is the pertinent section in the Alabama Code:
    b) Except as otherwise prohibited by law, a person legally permitted to possess a pistol, but who does not possess a valid concealed weapon permit, may possess an unloaded pistol in his or her
    motor vehicle if the pistol is locked in a compartment or co
    ntainer that is in or affixed securely to
    the vehicle and out of reach of the driver and any passenger in the vehicle.

It's pretty similar to a lot of other states. After VA's changes of a couple of years ago, I feel safe with my permit, carrying in my vehicle as far as VA. I would never feel safe with a weapon in the vehicle in NY, even if the act passes Congress...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    Hopefully; they cuffed and removed her

BamaNation All-American WylieTexasTider's Avatar

Yeah, I wouldn’t try north of VA either! NJ is as bad or worse than NY. NJ makes you show your Ammunition putchase card, firearm purchase license or carry license in order to purchase. (To get any of those you need approval from either the police chief in the municipality you reside or State Trooper in charge of the precinct closest to your home. lThe state also tracks all purchases including name, address, weapon type/serial #. The info is collected and given to law enforcement upon request.

Another hoop is the purchase license is good for 90 days and 1 weapon.

As my dad says if you own a gun in NJ, you better have an attorney on retainer b/c you’ll need them.....

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I look for a long period of litigation, if it passes. Hell, there's litigation still going on in Alabama. Here is the pertinent section in the Alabama Code:

It's pretty similar to a lot of other states. After VA's changes of a couple of years ago, I feel safe with my permit, carrying in my vehicle as far as VA. I would never feel safe with a weapon in the vehicle in NY, even if the act passes Congress...

The last time I shot an AR I took out some old tin cans. I haven’t ever killed anyone with one.