Link: Reuben in trouble again... (DV Charges Dropped) (UPDATE: Suspended 2 Games) - Page 6
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Re: Reuben in trouble again...

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    The last time I shot an AR I took out some old tin cans. I haven’t ever killed anyone with one.
    I did not know the groundhog's name...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Rolando 2.0 if true. Sad.
    "I just want you to know you've hired a horse---- football coach, but nobody will out-recruit me."

---Coach Saban to Mal Moore on the flight to Tuscaloosa after being hired

BamaNation Third Team

Foster is one of my favorite players. Loved watching him knock folks silly, on special teams, especially! But he may very well be throwing away millions of dollars. Whether you believe something should be illegal or not is not relevant. If any of us were being paid several million a year to simply obey criminal laws we thought were silly, I'm sure most of us would gladly do it. Pot may be legal in San Fran, where he works..but obviously its not in Alabama, where he was arrested with it. Then he posseses a firearm that probably is legal in Bama ( from what I'm reading here), but its definitely not legal in San Fran!!

FInally, that little thing where he is alleged to have dragged a lady across the floor? Hopefully its all a big misunderstanding...as when he was told to leave the drug testing facility / medical facility at the NFL combine. But I have a feeling the guy who is misunderstanding how the world works, outside of campus, is Reuben.

Okay, let's keep this on Reuben - if you wish to carry on the discussion about AR pattern rifles, I've moved those posts here...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    It's a different world there. I know my AR is illegal there on several counts. The effect of the new law creeping through Congress is going to be interesting on "islands" like CA, depending on form when it's finally passed...
    It sure is.

When I lived in Alameda County, I looked into obtaining a concealed carry permit, and was told that it was at the discretion of the county sheriff whether to issue, and that their criteria was that I would have to show need, for example, work in a position in which I routinely carried valuables, etc. Carrying for personal protection in general was not something they would approve.

Later, when the police called soliciting for their charity, I cited this policy as the reason why I would not be contributing.

California remains steadfastly yellow:

Last edited by cbi1972; February 14th, 2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

Well the wait is over, Foster is being charged with Felony Domestic Violence.
    He is charged with 3 counts and if convicted, faces 11 years in prison. Report states that he hit her 8 to 10 times and dragged her by her hair.

we will see how this plays put in the court room.

BamaNation All-American

Foster would have been a HOF if it wasn't for his character issues. That guy was headed toward being an all time great at the LB position.

Sad story. I'm assuming the 49ers release him soon and he wont be on an NFL squad for the foreseeable future.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loam View Post
    Sad story. I'm assuming the 49ers release him soon and he wont be on an NFL squad for the foreseeable future.
    unfortunately , playing football should be the least of his concerns. he is possibly looking at prison time.

BamaNation All-American CaliforniaTide's Avatar

The 49ers claim they've been aware of this, but I wonder if they only had Reuben's side of the story. I also wonder why it took 3 months to bring the charges. If it's all true, it's so sad. I've been hoping the 49ers would draft Rashaan Evans to pair with Reuben, and maybe even get Minkah floating around as safety.
    It's the edge of the world
    And all of Western civilization
    The sun may rise in the East
    At least it settles in its final location
    It's understood that Hollywood
    Sells Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers in Californication

Look at that dude go all Dareus on that colt...

BamaNation First Team UntouchableCrew's Avatar

It'll be interesting to see how the 49ers play this. Hard to cut a 1st round pick after a good rookie year but these charges look bad.

Terrible news.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar

Ugh how stupid can these guys be???