Link: Reuben in trouble again... (DV Charges Dropped) (UPDATE: Suspended 2 Games)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Re: Reuben in trouble again...

Without going into any detail I have been accused of sexual harassment in the workplace, by one woman, along with all of the other guys supervising shifts where I work. As a son, husband, and a father of three daughters I understand completely the need to protect an individual's right to a safe, respectful workplace, and as far as I know that's what we've got. When this accusation was made I got very, very angry at being falsely accused but the company's attitude was for us all to just be calm and see what happened. No lawsuit was ever filed and it did die down, but man, you are talking about my reputation here, in a place where I have spent my entire adult life.

I do not know what this woman expected to gain by doing this, but I truly wish we had been allowed to confront her face to face, and that the company would have fired her for lying. In the case of Rueben Foster, if this woman lied then his reputation and his ability to earn a living have been damaged, and as someone said above, this WILL cost him money even if he is completely innocent, there needs to be some sort of consequences. It is too easy in this country for someone to tear down another's reputation. It needs to not be this easy.

rtr
Thank you for posting this. I worked with a guy who DID lose his job and career over false accusations. The company was so afraid of bad publicity (accuser threatened to go to local news outlets) they did not give the guy a fair shake in trying to get to the validity of the claims. They basically took her word for it and fired him. Guy lost a $70,000/year job with two kids in college and one daughter going into HS. Took him months to find another job, which paid around $40,000/year. He had to start pulling from his retirement to supplement. Never did fully recover and it completely changed he and his wife's retirement years. That was over 10 years ago. The lady whose word they took? Was fired four years later after being caught having sex with a co-workers husband on property.

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Thank you for posting this. I worked with a guy who DID lose his job and career over false accusations. The company was so afraid of bad publicity (accuser threatened to go to local news outlets) they did not give the guy a fair shake in trying to get to the validity of the claims. They basically took her word for it and fired him. Guy lost a $70,000/year job with two kids in college and one daughter going into HS. Took him months to find another job, which paid around $40,000/year. He had to start pulling from his retirement to supplement. Never did fully recover and it completely changed he and his wife's retirement years. That was over 10 years ago. The lady whose word they took? Was fired four years later after being caught having sex with a co-workers husband on property.
This is sad to hear about. I can't imagine how frustrating this would have been and still is now for this guy.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

About 25 years ago I got called out for SH....for telling a joke at a luncheon. I still tell the joke, every time I tell the story, it's pretty clean and hilarious! Not sure what the individual wanted, she was let go about a month later, but I had to stand up in the conference room and apologize to EVERY woman in the company for being some sort of misogynist. I started looking for another job immediately. Side Note: It was halloween and I was dressed head to toe as Gumby!!! Yeah, I was a threat...LOL!!!
About 15 years ago I had a good friend lose his job for something similar. They good news - he was given an opportunity to leave on his own, so his career was not harmed. The economy was strong when this happened, so he landed on his feet and has done great since. Had he refused to leave on his own they were going to fire him for cause and his career would have been over even if he sued and won (since he actually told the jokes, he would not have won).

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Without going into any detail I have been accused of sexual harassment in the workplace, by one woman, along with all of the other guys supervising shifts where I work. As a son, husband, and a father of three daughters I understand completely the need to protect an individual's right to a safe, respectful workplace, and as far as I know that's what we've got. When this accusation was made I got very, very angry at being falsely accused but the company's attitude was for us all to just be calm and see what happened. No lawsuit was ever filed and it did die down, but man, you are talking about my reputation here, in a place where I have spent my entire adult life.

I do not know what this woman expected to gain by doing this, but I truly wish we had been allowed to confront her face to face, and that the company would have fired her for lying. In the case of Rueben Foster, if this woman lied then his reputation and his ability to earn a living have been damaged, and as someone said above, this WILL cost him money even if he is completely innocent, there needs to be some sort of consequences. It is too easy in this country for someone to tear down another's reputation. It needs to not be this easy.

rtr
I was accused of sexual harassment when I was working at the Gap. All I did was compliment her choice of clothes she had picked out and asked her if I could help her with anything. she was alone in the department with me and it was close to closing time. I was doing my job. My manager praised me for being proactive and trying to suggest few things. Next day, her husband stormed in and told the managers that I was harassing her and he demanded that I was to be fired. The managers called me in and said not to do it again and I would be written up for that. You know what's worse about this situation? She was white lady and I'm a black male.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I was accused of sexual harassment when I was working at the Gap. All I did was compliment her choice of clothes she had picked out and asked her if I could help her with anything. she was alone in the department with me and it was close to closing time. I was doing my job. My manager praised me for being proactive and trying to suggest few things. Next day, her husband stormed in and told the managers that I was harassing her and he demanded that I was to be fired. The managers called me in and said not to do it again and I would be written up for that. You know what's worse about this situation? She was white lady and I'm a black male.
If I would have been your manager I would have told you that you were doing a good job too. Make her feel good and give some more ideas about clothing and what she looks good in and she would probably buy more clothes. It probably did make her feel good too. Her husband just didn't like the fact that you were telling her how good the clothes looked on her.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I had to chuckle. My wife and I went over to Memphis for a wedding this past weekend and I left my sport coat and all my wedding clothes at home. I had to go to Joseph Bank to re-outfit. Our salesman was a black guy named "Kevin" who was very good. My dark blue slacks were in decent shape, so I decided to wear them. When it got down to shoes, I noticed a pair of tan shoes and asked if they had a pair which fit. Kevin said "I'm shocked, I tell you shocked." (We'd developed a kidding relationship by then.) I had to confess I'd picked up the idea from a young black friend in his mid-twenties, who upon gaining employment as a choral director blossomed into a clothes horse. I never realized tan shoes looked good with navy blue until Justin started wearing them... :D

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

If I would have been your manager I would have told you that you were doing a good job too. Make her feel good and give some more ideas about clothing and what she looks good in and she would probably buy more clothes. It probably did make her feel good too. Her husband just didn't like the fact that you were telling her how good the clothes looked on her.
His boss might have had his hands tied too though. Just a thought. But I agree, I couldn't hang my guys (and a lady or two under me) out to dry over something like that. My guys know I will fight for them if they are in the right, and at times I've had to fight to get us rest or other things on storm duty before. Even though I'm the youngest of our crews that are under me, they fully support me being in that spot and I pay them back by trusting them on things and not pushing them like a slave driver or to try and hurry up to make ourselves look better, etc. They know if I'm pushing them it's either pretty important or an emergency.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I suspect your last sentence has more to do with the complaint than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

911 calls and smashed cellphones: Unreported details from Reuben Foster's arrest

The most vivid details come from the police interview with Ennis, 28, who said that she and Foster, 24, began arguing the night before, at which point he threw her dog across the room. The dog was not injured, she told police.

The morning after their argument, Ennis told police, Foster threw her clothing out the window of an upstairs balcony and told her to get out. She said he dragged her downstairs by her hair and threw her out of the front door, which he locked.

She twice returned through an unlocked back door, the police report says, and both times Foster physically threw her out, she said. The last time, she told police, he punched her 10 times in her face and back.

She told officers Foster hit her "hard, but not that hard" and estimated the pain of the punching as an 8 on a scale of 10. She told police he threatened to kill her or have someone kill her if she called police. She then ran out of the house and tried to call 911, which police believe is the call recorded by the San Jose Police Department. When she fell, he took her phone and threw it, Ennis told police. She then flagged down a passing car.
Reuben might be guilty of what she says. I don't know because I wasn't there.

Judging by what we have seen on the football field, I do question a dog not being injured when Reuben throws it across the room or being hit 10 times by him with the pain being 8 out of 10 and somehow not ending up in a hospital room unconscious.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Sorry to hear you had to go through that.
How do you know the woman was a lady?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

911 calls and smashed cellphones: Unreported details from Reuben Foster's arrest

Reuben might be guilty of what she says. I don't know because I wasn't there.

Judging by what we have seen on the football field, I do question a dog not being injured when Reuben throws it across the room or being hit 10 times by him with the pain being 8 out of 10 and somehow not ending up in a hospital room unconscious.
I have trouble believing that story.. no way you walk away without concussion and what victim says " he hit hard, but not that hard..." She's lying.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I believe that she likely embellished her story. I also believe that both probably crossed the line into "physical abuse".

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

LOL!

It is what it is. I left the store, and ended up working at Lockheed Martin for few years.
Sorry for you. Not been accused myself but have been through a few at work from the management side. Nightmares, every time. We can't have sales clerks asking if they can help people and complimenting their product choices. Next you will be thanking them for shopping there. Hope it worked out for you.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Judging by the tweets from inside the preliminary hearing, Reuben's ex-girlfriend wanted revenge for breaking up with him.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I can't link the site on here due to the fact I'm at work.... but go to DavidLombardi on twitter and he has detailed of Foster's hearing today and from the look of it, sounds like it's going well for Foster. Girlfriend basically lied about everything including the throwing the dog part. I'll try and post the link from my phone in a moment.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.