Link: Reuben in trouble again... (DV Charges Dropped) (UPDATE: Suspended 2 Games)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Re: Reuben in trouble again...

I don't think it will matter. If the NFL thinks he did this, he is done. Really doesn't matter what she says or does if the NFL doesn't believe her.
Monday on NFL Live Field Yates (reporter) said "word from" SF management is that if they learn Reuben hit her he is gone. So a court verdict of "Guilty" or "not guilty" isn't necessary for him to lose his job with the Niners.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN

Hope things work out for Reuben and that he makes the most out of getting a chance to succeed...not only in football but in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Hope this is a wake-up call for him and he gets his life together with all these run ins with the law.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

If this is indeed true, how bad does the police look in this? At no point, the video wasn’t mentioned by someone during the investigation? No one said anything about the other fight?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

She needs to go to jail if that is true.
Seriously - unless / until we start cracking down false charges like this, they will continue. Gotta hammer people who (potentially) use the law to wrongfully abuse someone.

Not saying RF is innocent, but he might be - and if he is, she should pay for abusing the system like this.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

If she made up these charges then she should be prosecuted and go to jail. If it turns out that she has been coerced or paid to change her story.... well I hope that comes out too.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

If she truly made false charges, I hope Reuben screens his friends a tad better going forward.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

Not that I have any stake in it but I do feel relieved for Reuben. I like to see our Alabama guys succeed. More than anything, hopefully this will teach him the importance of surrounding himself with honest, dependable people.

RollTARDIS

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2017

I hope this is what happened and that Reuben is a better man than these allegations. I’d love to be on his side. But that video better be good...

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com

If this is indeed true, how bad does the police look in this? At no point, the video wasn’t mentioned by someone during the investigation? No one said anything about the other fight?

The police don't look bad at all. She lied and gave a false statement. If you follow what she said she more than likely didnt mention a video at the time Foster was arrested. Who knows if the injuries were fresh etc when tthe police arrived. Lets say there was swelling etc on this lady. When you arrived on scene what call would you have made? Would you have arrested Foster or not? The DAs office is the ones who had time to look at all the evidence, take into account new evidence, and still went forward with the charges. Who knows if she is lying now. Since we dont know all of the evidence and facts of the case who knows the truth.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

If these claims end up being truly false then I'd say the mistakes that Reuben has made (pot and not checking on the gun laws in the state he is moving too) are pretty juvenile. I know gun charges are no small matter, but it sounds like he had it legally obtained in Bama and then just brought it with him when he moved. He still has growing up to do but domestic abuse is on a whole other level. None of it is good but with good mentorship from veteran players and trustworthy friends it is something more easily resolved.

Also I don't even want to think about the potential victim being paid off. If there IS a video then it has been time-stamped in the metadata and the blows witnessed therein can be correlated to the injuries she has sustained. It would be slam-dunk proof that she was lying.

Also I'm pretty sure if Reuben Foster punched me 8-10 times in the head I'd be 6-feet under. That guy is country strong. So she'd be tougher than me.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

I'll have to find the tweets (FWIW), but there's an understanding with the local media in Santa Clara that the DA was aware of the girl fight angle with video evidence, and still proceeded with charging Foster anyway. In other words, the investigative authorities have reviewed that angle (before the angle story broke in the media), and still chose to bring charges. A new plea bargaining date has been scheduled. This has been a weird, weird case.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I'll have to find the tweets (FWIW), but there's an understanding with the local media in Santa Clara that the DA was aware of the girl fight angle with video evidence, and still proceeded with charging Foster anyway. In other words, the investigative authorities have reviewed that angle (before the angle story broke in the media), and still chose to bring charges. A new plea bargaining date has been scheduled. This has been a weird, weird case.
I wonder in cases like this if the reason girls/women eventually recant their story (where the new story ultimately ends up being completely different than the original story), is due to both parties privately talking and basically saying "Look, if I'm in jail your meal ticket is gone. If I'm not in jail, I'm a millionaire." There's just so many times the woman's second version of the story is vastly different than the first. When millions of dollars are involved I simply cannot rule out that influencing someone's testimony.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.