SEC Tournament Bracket if the Season Ended Today

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Three-way tiebreaker:

Alabama is 1-1
Florida is 1-1
Mizzou is 1-1 (not playing either team again)

Thus, the first tiebreaker doesn't work.

Go to the second, and Mizzou is 18-8 on the year while Alabama and Florida are 17-9. Mizzou is #3 for the time being.
Missouri is 0-1 vs AU. UF has not played AU. And Bama is 1-0 and will play AU again. If FL loses to AU then Bama has the tiebreaker. Bama needs to win vs AU if FL wins vs AU if these 3 teams remain tied and AU is the #1 seed.

Still a lot of shake up can take place with teams changing position.

ETA: slow on the read and posted after BamaMike05 brought it up...oops.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
We're sitting pretty. 95% to win the conference according to BPI. Us being AU fans, though, that 5% is very real

Our magic number to win the conference is 14. Would be comfortable at 13, but Tennessee closes out with a much easier schedule. Nobody catches us if we sweep USCe and steal one of Bama, @UF or @Arky.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Still so much basketball to be played. I think we are figuring things out, but things are so tight that we could finish anywhere from 2 to 8. I like our draw though as the 3 seed.
I don't know who to pull for (like it matters) with each series of games. Looks like the race for the 2 thru 4 seed in the SEC tournament will come down to the final weekend. Maybe even the #1 spot but it would take Top 10 ranked Auburn losing enough games over the next couple of weeks with some other SEC team putting on a "massive" winning streak.

Last edited:

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Just the one win over top ten ranked Auburn could make the difference in a tie-breaker scenario if all the others have no wins vs AU. AU plays at Florida and at Arkansas so it is not likely but an AU win at these locations could benefit Bama.

UT and AU could drop into the mix for tie-breaker seeding. MSU, TAMU and UK may jump up into it. More fun coming after the mid-week games are done and then again after Saturday and then again after next week's mid-week games...

I want Bama to make the top 4 which should increase the chance of reaching the Final. Some like missing out on this so there is a better chance of picking up at least one more win by playing a lesser opponent.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
This year's SEC tourney could really be a great one. There are a lot of teams that will be trying to make final impressions to get in the NCAA tourney, and some will be trying to improve seeding. Guys should really be getting after it. I am looking forward to it.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
For several years I've had the opportunity to get SEC tournament tickets but we've been so bad there's been no reason to spend the money to attend for a one and done. Now we finally have reason to be excited about the tournament with a realistic chance to play into the weekend and it's all the way out in St. Louis - too far and expensive to get to.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.