Good article about the potential QB transfer from ECU. Sorry if already posted

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
He has a legit shot to be the starter on a top 25 team vs a third stringer. I don’t blame him.
What I understood was that he wants to go into coaching and he was coming to Bama to learn under Saban, and, of course, gain some of that patina which Saban assistants seem to acquire, assuming he went on to become a GA and started to climb the ladder. I don't think anyone will even attempt the argument that he will learn more about running a overall successful football operation from Leach than from Saban. I guess if his objective was to learn about the "air raid" offense, then it makes some sense...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yes and we can't use "he is just a kid" since he has already graduated from college. I won't call him a liar but I will say he is undependable and I am glad he went elsewhere. Huh. The nerve some people have.
There's little chance he'd be higher than 4th string at Bama, so while I'd love to have the extra depth... meh.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
What I understood was that he wants to go into coaching and he was coming to Bama to learn under Saban, and, of course, gain some of that patina which Saban assistants seem to acquire, assuming he went on to become a GA and started to climb the ladder. I don't think anyone will even attempt the argument that he will learn more about running a overall successful football operation from Leach than from Saban. I guess if his objective was to learn about the "air raid" offense, then it makes some sense...
He could still be a GA whenever he finishes his career. Perhaps this opportunity arose and he had to reevaluate things. If it's playing for ECU for another year vs. backing up at Bama then yeah, that's an easier choice. Adding a chance to start for a top 25 team makes it harder.

I don't blame him.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
He could still be a GA whenever he finishes his career. Perhaps this opportunity arose and he had to reevaluate things. If it's playing for ECU for another year vs. backing up at Bama then yeah, that's an easier choice. Adding a chance to start for a top 25 team makes it harder.

I don't blame him.
I was just pointing out that his pronouncements about learning about coaching and also wanting to be closer to home and family both seem empty in retrospect. Anyway, Wazzu wasn't a top 25 program last season and I doubt their being one this season. However, his choice. I just don't happen to think it was a good one...

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
My only issue with him is his dishonesty about everything from the start. He wanted to get closer to home and family. This was his excuse for leaving ECU. He had that opportunity at Alabama. But he is now going to be in Pullman, Washington. My geography isn't that great, but I am pretty sure that is further from Brandon, Ms than Tuscaloosa, Al is. He should have just come right out and said he no longer wished to play for ECU, but thanks for the opportunity, and he was going to look for a better situation, period.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
So now he's dishonest? No chance he just changed his mind? Or that his family situation changed and now he no longer needs to stay near home?
Goodness.
Nope, he's not allowed to change his mind based on new opportunities. He's just a liar. Stupid too. Evil as well (I guess?). Just the worst. He should have made the decision that was best for Alabama, not himself or anyone else.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Nope, he's not allowed to change his mind based on new opportunities. He's just a liar. Stupid too. Evil as well (I guess?). Just the worst. He should have made the decision that was best for Alabama, not himself or anyone else.
I never said any of that. I think it is obvious that he wanted to go somewhere other than ECU. I don't blame the kid. Nor would I have cared if he chose some place other than Alabama, if that is the best choice for him. But he never had to give the reason that he gave if he were just going to cast that aside as if it never existed. I would be more upset with him if I was an ECU fan than I am as a Bama fan. Simply because of the way he did it. From an ECU fan perspective, going to Bama or another school close to home would be perfectly understandable, given he had some family issue and needed to be close. But choosing a place as far as Washington State just shows his whole reasoning was disingenuous, at least in my eyes.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
i wouldn't go so far as to criticize the kid, but it may have made a better impression if he had paused to thank ECU and Saban for the opportunities; just given past statements this feels a bit like dissing both ECU and Bama.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I never said any of that. I think it is obvious that he wanted to go somewhere other than ECU. I don't blame the kid. Nor would I have cared if he chose some place other than Alabama, if that is the best choice for him. But he never had to give the reason that he gave if he were just going to cast that aside as if it never existed. I would be more upset with him if I was an ECU fan than I am as a Bama fan. Simply because of the way he did it. From an ECU fan perspective, going to Bama or another school close to home would be perfectly understandable, given he had some family issue and needed to be close. But choosing a place as far as Washington State just shows his whole reasoning was disingenuous, at least in my eyes.
Why did he want to be closer to home? Perhaps it was a situation that resolved itself. Who knows? I don't. Do you? If not, you're in no position to comment with authority about him being disingenuous.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Maybe he decided he has a better future as a Pirate than a coach - he is from ECU. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
IMO, if he wanted to see meaningful playing time then he made the right choice to go with WSU. I am not saying he handled it the right way, but it is what it is. Let it go!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Can't blame him for wanting to play for Coach Leach & his pass happy offense..Plus..You never know Coach Leach might take the team on a pirate hunt as a reward at the end of the season..

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I was just pointing out that his pronouncements about learning about coaching and also wanting to be closer to home and family both seem empty in retrospect. Anyway, Wazzu wasn't a top 25 program last season and I doubt their being one this season. However, his choice. I just don't happen to think it was a good one...
They fell off toward the end of the year, but they were as high as 11 early on.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.