Minkah to Alabama: "Thank You"

TahoeTider

2nd Team
Feb 1, 2012
I think I remember that he corrected the reporter, and indicated that it was actually the game-tying TD he missed.

I'm reading conflicting stories about this. Some of the media reported that he missed the game winning TD pass but others reported that he missed the game tying pass to Ridley.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
Baaaahahahahahahahahaha
I completely understand, I don't like Minkah's kind of music either. We are from different cultures with different taste in more things than music. Different strokes for different folks is how the world goes round ! Viva la difference ' !

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I thought the same thing. When he's done with football, he needs to write a book. He's a great writer. He knows how to paint a picture with words.
Not to diminish Minkah's writing ability, but the Player's Tribune has editors for these.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
A great article by a great young man. Best of luck in your future endeavors, Minka. I've certainly enjoyed watching you play the last three years.

BTW, did he get his degree?

aldo

BamaNation Citizen
May 8, 2010
I completely understand, I don't like Minkah's kind of music either. We are from different cultures with different taste in more things than music. Different strokes for different folks is how the world goes round ! Viva la difference ' !
Being an Army brat, I moved down here at age 11 in 1974. I have tried to like country music and do appreciate the old school country. I feel the modern version is completely commercialized with very little substance. Rock on my brothers!

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL
My son and I got to meet Minkah his freshman year the game before the iron bowl. He sat out that game with an injury and was therefore the first player out of the tunnel. He signed every request for an autograph even when his handler tried to get him to move along. He signed my son's football and was very kind when talking to him. I told my son that day he just met a future NFL player and one class act!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Minkah is a class act and I'm sure he'll succeed in life no matter what he does. I don't know his family but it's very apparent that he's been raised well. He made many plays and high lights but my favorite was the interception in the end zone at Georgia. Somehow I knew he would be special. Thank you, Minkah!

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
He has been wonderful. Wow. What a letter.
The only defensive player my son has ever mentioned was minkah.
He will be major star, more than likely the face of the team that lucks upon him.
If league wasnt so qb starved he is top 3.
I can't think of any that is more talented, and more importantly, a sure thing. Him and Barkley would be hard to separate.

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
He writes like he plays. Beautifully and with absolutely no excess. Only what must be said and done.

Last edited:

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Being an Army brat, I moved down here at age 11 in 1974. I have tried to like country music and do appreciate the old school country. I feel the modern version is completely commercialized with very little substance. Rock on my brothers!
Minkah seems like the type of player you want to represent the University. I hope he has a long NFL career.
Maybe we could play some Motown.....I think they played son of a preacher man once.:)

Last edited:

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Tom Petty said not long before he died that modern country music is basically a pop rock band with a fiddle player...he was pretty close on that.

aldo

BamaNation Citizen
May 8, 2010
Tom Petty said not long before he died that modern country music is basically a pop rock band with a fiddle player...he was pretty close on that.
"You are entirely too correct!" Frank Zappa lyric

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.