College Football Attendance drops for fourth consecutive year.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
My wife and I will go to one game per season as a college reunion game with all of our college friends. Not all of us will go to the game, and sometimes we're able to secure the equipment to just watch the game at our tailgate instead of going to the game. We were able to go to more game as graduates when we had friends who still lived in Tuscaloosa but they've all moved away now. It's a combination of cost and time/travel for us, and we don't have kids at the moment. If we lived in Tuscaloosa (which I'm not opposed to moving back) we may go to a couple more games, but I'm willing to bet that we would still watch at home in Tuscaloosa. It's just ridiculous how much money is spent now, but that's how it is now.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
RedWave;3184078[B said:
]It has been a long time since I attended a game.[/B] I have moved around a bit, but never close enough to make a trip to Tuscaloosa an easy trip for me. Add to that the fact that, while the game atmosphere can truly be exciting, I just prefer my seat, my food, being able to use the restroom without missing a play, getting all the replays from all the angles, being in air conditioning (or heating, if needed), etc. I will certainly find myself at another game when the opportunity arises, but I like watching at home much better.
Last game I attended was the Vandy game back in 2011 on my brother-in-law's faculty/staff (nosebleed south endzone) seats. I think he either doesn't get them anymore, or does and sells them to cover his daughters' college education. But yeah, the 4 1/2 hour (or so) road trip now, plus cost of admission, hassle of parking, etc., even just by myself (and even with free places to stay at my parents' or sister's house) it's not worth it to me. Plus I recently got a new TV so yeah, games in HD, climate control, my choice of beverage, and I can get some actual work done around the house pre and post game (depending on game time). Might take my son to a game in the near future (and then even maybe A-Day) and daughter in a few more years. I mean, I love Bama and all, but...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
My wife and I attend one home game a year, mostly because I want to see what I am missing and, then talking on the drive home about why did we do this. We went to the UT game this past season with a couple who are both UT grads. Our tickets were in the north end zone about 5 rows from the top, never again. We had season tickets for 5 years but did not go enough to warrant the annual cost. Like others have said HDTV, reclining on the sofa, easy access to food, drink, no traffic jams and a clean restroom make for a great weekend of Alabama football.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
On a rare occasion I may take a relative or close friend who hasn't been to a game before, but otherwise will, at my age, opt for the home HDTV experience. For those who can make the trip, hats off. It's a bit more of a hassle than back in my day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.