(2018 thread) Active Shooter - Stoneman Douglas High School (near Coral Springs, FL)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ofcouse I left off the other names because of what they are, but it’s funny that they read them off without vetting the information or running it by other people.
My brother came unglued when that happened - because he’s like “as a news producer, ONE might be believable but FOUR?” In fact, they do a verbal test before they air names. But he monitors other stations and said a few years back when all the kids were home for a snow day, a station he was watching wished happy birthday to Dawn Keebals (donkey balls) and Ijaz Fahtedand. He’s merciless about that because they’re so obvious only a complete idiot would run them.

Colbert should have won an Emmy for his tirade on the Korean names and I don’t even like the guy.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
My brother came unglued when that happened - because he’s like “as a news producer, ONE might be believable but FOUR?” In fact, they do a verbal test before they air names. But he monitors other stations and said a few years back when all the kids were home for a snow day, a station he was watching wished happy birthday to Dawn Keebals (donkey balls) and Ijaz Fahtedand. He’s merciless about that because they’re so obvious only a complete idiot would run them.

Colbert should have won an Emmy for his tirade on the Korean names and I don’t even like the guy.
Well to be fair the newscaster did say that the names were "confirmed".

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well to be fair the newscaster did say that the names were "confirmed".
Yes, but as brother pointed out...the NTSB doesn’t confirm the names of LIVING pilots until the end of an ongoing investigation and every single station knows this. It’s sorta like HIPAA. Btw - he works for the station that had to fork over $30 million in that night club fire in 2003 with the metal band Great White (he was a senior in HS then). That involved both a conflict of interest and allegations their camera was blocking the exit as 100 people died. So both he and the station are REAL careful. More than once I’ve sent him a meme or link and asked “is this real news”? I’m usually shocked only when he says “yes.”

Reactions: 81usaf92

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
warning that the videos in this article play 911 calls from Stoneman and other shootings, I couldn't keep listening myself

Not a fan of “gotcha” stunts but this was funny. Their own fault for not googling the school they were asked to speak at. I would, just to learn information about the place so I could work it into my speech.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Not a fan of “gotcha” stunts but this was funny. Their own fault for not googling the school they were asked to speak at. I would, just to learn information about the place so I could work it into my speech.
Funny is the wrong word but i'm not sure the right one

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.