Active Shooter - Stoneman Douglas High School (near Coral Springs, FL) - Page 26
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Active Shooter - Stoneman Douglas High School (near Coral Springs, FL)

By the way, I can agree with upping the age required to buy a high powered weapon to around 25. Wouldn't hurt my feelings and wouldn't infringe on my 2nd amendment rights.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

One of the after effects of things like this that tends to get ignored/overlooked. Very sad.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/par...her-own-life/?

On the day a gunman opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Sydney Aiello escaped with her life. However, the grief of losing 17 of her classmates and teachers, as well as the long-lasting effects of enduring such a traumatic event, weighed heavily on her. And this weekend, at the age of 19, Aiello took her own life.

Sydney's mother, Cara Aiello, told CBS Miami her daughter struggled with survivor's guilt and was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder in the year following the tragedy. And while she reportedly never asked for help, she struggled to attend college classes because she was scared of being in a classroom.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

That is awful. Trauma in general can have a horrible psychological impact on people. But the nature of this type trauma obviously can be really bad. My wife's aunt lost a son to a drunk driver and attempted suicide. Fortunately, she was unsuccessful and was able to get admitted to the right places. But even 30 years later she's not even close to being the same person. Very, very sad.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    One of the after effects of things like this that tends to get ignored/overlooked. Very sad.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/par...her-own-life/?
    it has happened again. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/secon...b057f7330c2026
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

And again. Just crushing to imagine living through this nightmare...

The father of a Sandy Hook victim died from an apparent suicide at town hall
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Good - if you don't have the guts to do the job, get out of the law enforcement business.

What a coward.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    And again. Just crushing to imagine living through this nightmare...

The father of a Sandy Hook victim died from an apparent suicide at town hall
    Heartbreaking. I can’t imagine the pain Mr Richman has tried to endure. God rest his soul.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

I think if my name were Scott (or Scot) Peterson I would change my name.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Not that this matters (though that never stopped me before), but.......in 2003-4, I lived in California....DURING the whole Laci Peterson saga. She vanished prior to my getting orders to Beale AFB, and the discovery (etc) was shortly after I got moved into my house. Two doors down from me - in northern California in the spring of 2003 - was a guy named.......Scott Peterson.

Other side note. In 1997, I had a good friend who drove trucks and on rare occasions he hauled contraband for the CIA. They never told him what was in the truck. But he had to get a copy of his bill of lading yadda yadda. So he stops off at a K-Mart to do it and pulls his long truck alongside the store, gets out, and goes in to have his stuff run off in the office. All of a sudden they announce to evacuate the building. They let him copy as he's about done, and he goes out to his truck. LEOs follow him to his truck and ask him what he's hauling. He tells them he has no idea no idea (he obviously can't mention the CIA, and who believes that anyway?). But he's denying them the right to search his vehicle. He's cooperative otherwise so they ask to see his license. No big deal, he shows it to them.

I think you can imagine the reaction when the cops found out the guy hauling explosives in 1997 was named Jim McVay. Timothy's trial was actively going on at the time.......
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Not that this matters (though that never stopped me before), but.......in 2003-4, I lived in California....DURING the whole Laci Peterson saga. She vanished prior to my getting orders to Beale AFB, and the discovery (etc) was shortly after I got moved into my house. Two doors down from me - in northern California in the spring of 2003 - was a guy named.......Scott Peterson.

Other side note. In 1997, I had a good friend who drove trucks and on rare occasions he hauled contraband for the CIA. They never told him what was in the truck. But he had to get a copy of his bill of lading yadda yadda. So he stops off at a K-Mart to do it and pulls his long truck alongside the store, gets out, and goes in to have his stuff run off in the office. All of a sudden they announce to evacuate the building. They let him copy as he's about done, and he goes out to his truck. LEOs follow him to his truck and ask him what he's hauling. He tells them he has no idea no idea (he obviously can't mention the CIA, and who believes that anyway?). But he's denying them the right to search his vehicle. He's cooperative otherwise so they ask to see his license. No big deal, he shows it to them.

I think you can imagine the reaction when the cops found out the guy hauling explosives in 1997 was named Jim McVay. Timothy's trial was actively going on at the time.......
    One advantage of having a rare name...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis