(2018 thread) Active Shooter - Stoneman Douglas High School (near Coral Springs, FL)

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
sorry Lee County PD

doesn't change the point even slightly.
It doesn't affect your first point about the validity of the conclusions, but it does affect your second point about people saying the Tallahassee PD acted inappropriately with respect to an FSU player.

Also, Tallahassee is pretty far from Coral Springs.

I don't guess there was a hate group in South Florida that would take him.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It doesn't affect your first point about the validity of the conclusions, but it does affect your second point about people saying the Tallahassee PD acted inappropriately with respect to an FSU player.

Also, Tallahassee is pretty far from Coral Springs.

I don't guess there was a hate group in South Florida that would take him.
agree on the FSU/Tally PD

I know exactly how far it is from Tallahassee to Coral Springs, have driven it more than once. But what does that matter? We have people joining Isis from middle America but its a stretch to think that this particular nutbag couldn't align closely with an organization from the same state? Come on man

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

I know exactly how far it is from Tallahassee to Coral Springs, have driven it more than once. But what does that matter? We have people joining Isis from middle America but its a stretch to think that this particular nutbag couldn't align closely with an organization from the same state? Come on man
Perhaps he is a Dem operative. Think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

I'm not arguing it is or isn't possible. I just thought it weird and had to check my geography when Tallahassee popped up, because it didn't make sense at all.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Well, that's a huge whiff. I'm not sure it would have caught this one. Do we know when the shooter bought the gun? Hell, the Air Force didn't do their due diligence in reporting their bat-sh** crazy flunkie who shot up the church in Texas. All they had to do was some paperwork and it MAY have prevented the shooting.
He was 18 when he bought it...
This kid must have been indoctrinated by - Isis -
After he finishes with his 'PURGE' he goes to Walmart and orders a drink from the in store 'Subway', then walks to a McDonald's and stays there for around 40 mins. then casually walks down a neighborhood street, where finally an alert officer spotted him...!
Sort of cold & calculating...
Hell the school, FBI, even some of the student's, (some said they knew he was gonna do something), let this one slip through...

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
We didn't have shootings like this in "my day".

What has changed between now.....and then?

That......is where you will find your answer.
IMHO, income inequality is driving this. People are struggling more now than ever before an unfortunately the situation is just getting worse in the pursuit of higher profits. Predatory capitalism dontcha just love it.... Working people are making less money while working harder everyday. When you just keep taking at some point people just lose hope an snap. At that point they have nothing to lose.. I don’t think this will ever stop instead it will continue to get worse until we as a society start putting people first instead of profits.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
What is the legal age to vote?
What is the age when most rental car companies will rent you a car? 25 in most cases. My point is simple, I don't think you should be able to purchase certain weapons such as ARs and AKs until you're 25. There are scientific studies to show the logic & reason part of the brain don't fully develop until then. As I said, why do you think most rental car companies won't rent to those under 25? Why do you think your auto insurance drops when you turn 25? It's a maturation of the brain based on empirical data.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
We didn't have shootings like this in "my day".

What has changed between now.....and then?

That......is where you will find your answer.
I hate to say this, but what if the brain is overstimulated by the advent of "realistic" video games? These kids will play games for hours upon hours and get "lost" in what they now deem reality. Try taking an Ipad away from an infant. Try taking a cell phone away from a teenager. In many cases they freaking lose it. Why? It's just an object right? How does that object now hold "court" over the person or better yet their "mind?"

It's amazing watching the technological increases but also realizing how quick the kids become overstimulated. Their minds are not yet wired to handle the information overload that is thrown at them. Some will call this BS, but I would bet this kid was playing a crap load of the violent video games too.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
IMHO, income inequality is driving this. People are struggling more now than ever before an unfortunately the situation is just getting worse in the pursuit of higher profits. Predatory capitalism dontcha just love it.... Working people are making less money while working harder everyday. When you just keep taking at some point people just lose hope an snap. At that point they have nothing to lose.. I don’t think this will ever stop instead it will continue to get worse until we as a society start putting people first instead of profits.
I don't think this situation has anything at all to do with economics, but this generation does seem to harbor a certain hopelessness. You can blame capitalism, but that would be missing the mark, IMHO. Perhaps that has a small part but the overarching theme seems to be that everything is pointless, meaningless, corrupt, etc;...The pessimism is abundant. Society is decaying. The earth itself is being destroyed. There is no opportunity for advancement anymore. I'm not debating the merits of any one of those, but that is the sentiment, by and large.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.