Active Shooter - Stoneman Douglas High School (near Coral Springs, FL) - Page 4
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Re: Active Shooter - Stoneman Douglas High School (near Coral Springs, FL)

This is thrown out there all the time, but the law was a bad one, and there are already laws in place prohibiting firearms sales to those considered mentally ill: https://www.snopes.com/congress-gun-legal-mental/

THIS is the perfect example as to how you get gun-owners to dig their heals in and fight any change whatsoever - this article completely glosses over why many (not just gun advocates) thought this law was bad, and the headline is about as misleading as it can get.

My point remains - if people want to have a real discussion about this, they need to drop the rhetoric and educate themselves.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

so, that guarantees it will be seen as a mental health issue on TideFans.com
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    This is thrown out there all the time, but the law was a bad one, and there are already laws in place prohibiting firearms sales to those considered mentally ill: https://www.snopes.com/congress-gun-legal-mental/

THIS is the perfect example as to how you get gun-owners to dig their heals in and fight any change whatsoever - this article completely glosses over why many (not just gun advocates) thought this law was bad, and the headline is about as misleading as it can get.

My point remains - if people want to have a real discussion about this, they need to drop the rhetoric and educate themselves.
    that is a point that goes both directions (not intending this for you, just using your point).
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

Seems the FBI was alerted to this and dropped the ball:https://rare.us/rare-news/crime-and-...chool-shooter/
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Why would you confirm that? Geez!

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Why would you confirm that? Geez!
    Probably because they are proud their young member.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Seems the FBI was alerted to this and dropped the ball:https://rare.us/rare-news/crime-and-...chool-shooter/
    The only time the FBI doesn't drop the ball is on The X-Files, Mulder always found his aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    I'm still baffled how they young man was able to buy the weapon at age 19. Considering the frontal lobe that controls "reason" or "logic" doesn't fully develop in men until 24/25 yrs of age in many cases, do we need to reconsider the sale of such weapons beyond a certain age? I'm just throwing that out there for discussion. Isn't ironic that many rental car companies won't rent cars to men below age 25? I'm guessing for similar reasons.
    What is the legal age to join the military?

not just a member, he was trained by them in para military tactics

Jereb said Cruz belonged to a RoF “cell” from Clearwater and drove up with members to Tallahassee to do paramilitary training. RoF was recently operating in Tallahassee and attempting to court new members, according to a local news report from last year. The group posts videos of training montages on the internet with members in fatigues brandishing weapons.

“I’m not trying to glorify it, but he was pretty efficient in what he did,” Jereb said. “He probably used that training to do what he did yesterday. Nobody I know told him to do that, he just freaked out.”

as a former resident of Coral Springs FL myself, including going to some Middle and Highschool there I'll go ahead and confirm that yeah it is a pretty heavily Jewish area.

While no motive has been described by police, Jereb speculated that Cruz may have allegedly committed the massacre out of hatred for Jews or women.

“There’s a very real sense of feminism being a cancer. That could’ve played into what he did, but we have female members of RoF,” Jereb said, adding that “we’re not a big fan of Jews. I think there were a lot of Jews at the school that might have been messing with him.”
    Remember when the Right wingers freaked out that the FBI was watching these kind of groups under Obama? Maybe there was something there
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    What is the legal age to join the military?
    What is the legal age to drink?

Similar to ISIS always taking responsibility for pretty much every attack in the Middle East, this writer is wondering if the white nationalist group is taking responsibility just to garner attention. (read the entire thread and not just this one tweet)

https://twitter.com/abc/status/964228291849695232

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Local law enforcement: No ties between militia and school shooter

Local law enforcement sources have so far not found a connection between accused Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz and a Tallahassee-based paramilitary group.

Leon County law enforcement sources told the Tallahassee Democrat that they could not find information linking Cruz to the Republic of Florida Militia, as first reported by the group’s self-proclaimed leader Jordan Jereb.

Leon County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Grady Jordan said investigative work Thursday did not yield any connections.

“We are still doing some work but we have no known ties between the ROF, Jordan Jereb or the Broward shooter,” Jordan said.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson