(2018 thread) Active Shooter - Stoneman Douglas High School (near Coral Springs, FL)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...n-Douglas-High-School-Parkland-474078423.html

Saying 20-30 victims at least -- can't find the gunman.... not good.

CBS4’s Rick Folbaum was speaking over text message with a student at the school who is hiding in a closet.

“All of a sudden there was a really loud noise…..people are crying the closet,” the student wrote to him and later asked when police were coming to help them.

The school was placed on lockdown but around 3 p.m. some students could be seen walking out of the school with their hands up, some in tears.

Officers are asking people to avoid the area.

President Donald Trump has been made aware of the school shooting.

“We are monitoring the situation. Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected,” wrote White House Deputy Press Secretary Lindsay Walters.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott issued a statement on the shooting. At last check, he was on his way to Parkland.

Last edited by a moderator:

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
A person was seen being taken into custody after a shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, Wednesday. One person is officially confirmed dead and multiple people have been injured, according authorities. The extent of the injuries are unknown.
The person taken into custody near the school matches the description of the suspect who was described as a white male last seen leaving campus in a burgundy shirt.
Looks like he's in custody now....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
One of the telephone interviews this afternoon was with a kid who knew the shooter. He said the shooter had been talking about 'the purge' the last few days.

Warning signs that were ignored?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
"Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected,” wrote White House Deputy Press Secretary.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
"Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected,” wrote White House Deputy Press Secretary.

I suppose there are "some" cats that are useless......but not mine. Maybe (like human children) their personality and work ethic are somewhat a byproduct of their upbringing?

I know the meme was just supposed to be an attempt at humor - but thoughts and prayers, while obviously not changing the events of what happened or what could happen next time, they do provide some comfort so I wouldn't say they are 'useless'.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
My granddaughter is in the 9th grade with her whole life ahead of her. I called her tonight to tell her I love her. You never know about tomorrow and I can't even begin to think what the families of all these kids are going through.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My granddaughter is in the 9th grade with her whole life ahead of her. I called her tonight to tell her I love her. You never know about tomorrow and I can't even begin to think what the families of all these kids are going through.
school shootings and mass shootings are becoming somewhat of a regular occurrence in our country. there have already been 35 school shootings/gun incidents (where a firearm was discharged) in the us in 2018, we are 45 days in. there have been 30 mass shootings (4 or more folks shot) so far in 2018.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.