The Perpetual Gun Control Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I’m not understanding your point. You are bringing a knife to a gun fight.
No you’re just missing it all together. Guns or no guns, people will always find way to murder one another. As I said beforehand, before guns, entire cities & villages were being wiped out by others. Look at the UK’s total gun ban. People are just stabbing each other now.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
No you’re just missing it all together. Guns or no guns, people will always find way to murder one another. As I said beforehand, before guns, entire cities & villages were being wiped out by others. Look at the UK’s total gun ban. People are just stabbing each other now.
Guns just make it a heck of a lot easier to kill and maim each other

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
come on guys, don't you all recall that time where 1 guy got in a hotel room above a concert, broke out his window and killed 58 people and wounded 400+ more throwing home made knives at them?

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Why aren’t guns allowed in prison? What part of “shall not be abridged” do they not understand?

[/blue font]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Why aren’t guns allowed in prison? What part of “shall not be abridged” do they not understand?

[/blue font]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this whole guns/knives argument is insanely stupid

to make things easier, since the gun nut side is so happy to point out their equivalence I say we amend the 2nd amendment to allow for as many knives as anyone wishes to own. But no guns

Since knives are essentially the same (right BJ17?) that shouldn't be an issue

that was easy

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
When knives can kill people easily (or people with knives can kills others) from hundreds of feet away you'll have a point. Until then you are just being obtuse.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
C’mon, man, you have to draw a line somewhere. Surely you don’t think bazookas should be sold at the corner mini mart.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
How about you all just go door to door yourselves and demand every gun owner hand over their firearms. Just refuse to leave their property until they do so.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
and yet seemingly endless number of folks keep bringing it up and think they are being clever. i wonder why that is.
So in other words you don’t care about people being killed, you are just anti-gun. As I’ve said already guns or no guns, people will still find ways to murder.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
From the article you posted:

Murder and manslaughter figures also reached a 10-year high in 2018, when 732 people were killed.

From AL.com

https://www.al.com/news/2019/06/alabama-sees-nations-second-highest-rate-of-gun-deaths.html

In 2017 in Alabama, 1,100 people died from complications of gunshot wounds—573 suicides, 506 homicides, and 21 accidental discharges, according to the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH).
The population of England and Wales where 732 knife murders occurred in 2017 was 59 million.

The population of Alabama is less than 5 million and there were506 homicides. Can you see where England has about 10% of the issue that Alabama has?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.