The Perpetual Gun Control Thread - Page 90
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40808384858687888990
Results 1,158 to 1,165 of 1165

Re: The Perpetual Gun Control Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    If he just bought the gun from the store, wouldn’t it be certain to be unloaded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you assume all guns are loaded.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    If he just bought the gun from the store, wouldn’t it be certain to be unloaded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The kid is 13 and it was a present so he probably doesn't know that.
    Last edited by Bamaro; December 28th, 2018 at 10:53 AM.

You can be sure a firearm is unloaded. Otherwise you could never clean your guns or do any dry fire practice unless you were at the range.

To me, finger off the trigger is gun safety 101, but it's kinda silly to act as if loaded cartridges can magically appear in a firearm that's been checked and is known to be empty - especially if the person holding it is simply posing for a photo.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    You can be sure a firearm is unloaded. Otherwise you could never clean your guns or do any dry fire practice unless you were at the range.

To me, finger off the trigger is gun safety 101, but it's kinda silly to act as if loaded cartridges can magically appear in a firearm that's been checked and is known to be empty - especially if the person holding it is simply posing for a photo.
    the point is you always treat a gun as if it were loaded. cleaning and dry firing are much different than posing for photos and are going to be done (assuming competency of the handler) in a safe and controlled manner/environment.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    the point is you always treat a gun as if it were loaded. cleaning and dry firing are much different than posing for photos and are going to be done (assuming competency of the handler) in a safe and controlled manner/environment.
    I get it, I'm just saying that assuming all these people posing with their new firearms have no clue as to whether they're loaded or not is silly. You're assuming they are incompetent - they may well have forgotten more about safe firearm handling than any of us will ever know.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I get it, I'm just saying that assuming all these people posing with their new firearms have no clue as to whether they're loaded or not is silly. You're assuming they are incompetent - they may well have forgotten more about safe firearm handling than any of us will ever know.
    if they are posing with their finger on the trigger, they are incompetent at least in that moment as is the person taking the photo.

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

if they are posing with their finger on the trigger, they are incompetent at least in that moment.
    Agree to disagree. If they are certain it is unloaded, there is no harm.

While I won't do it as I want to retain good habits, firearms don't magically load themselves.

Kinda makes me chuckle that dude spent time scouring Twitter in order to tweet that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

you assume all guns are loaded.
    Especially the one the CIA photo shopped Oswald into......
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.