The Perpetual Gun Control Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The 2nd or 3rd time a manifesto for one of these guys has mentioned Laura Southern's The Great Replacement.

High time we start holding these conservative talking point machines to task for their part in radicalization.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The 2nd or 3rd time a manifesto for one of these guys has mentioned Laura Southern's The Great Replacement.

High time we start holding these conservative talking point machines to task for their part in radicalization.
Christchurch mosque killer’s theories seeping into mainstream, report warns

Julia Ebner, co-author of the report at ISD, said: “It’s shocking to see the extent to which extreme-right concepts such as the ‘great replacement’ theory and calls for ‘remigration’ have entered mainstream political discourse and are now referenced by politicians who head states and sit in parliaments.”

She said that of the 10 most influential Twitter accounts propagating the ideology, eight were French. The other two were Trump’s account and the extreme-right site Defend Europa.

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I’m not a gun person. I’ve never own, fired or even held a real gun so, I don’t understand people’s love for these things. In fact, I hate guns.

IMO, they all should be illegal. Would that solved things in the immediate future, no. It would take decades but, eventually this country would be safer and a better place. Would it stop all crime, of course not but, it would stop gun violence one day. Other countries with gun bans don’t have this type of constant gun violence.

I don’t want to hear the same old tired excuses about how it’s our culture, guns are a part of America, restricting gun sales doesn’t hurt the criminals, blah blah blah. I’m done entertaining any discussions with gun supporters who are resistant to gun law changes.

Their refusal to even entertain the thought of change is an endorsement of these mass shootings. They may not be tired of these killings but I am, it’s time to move because standing still isn’t working!

Or I’ll just continue posting this after each incident:

Just more collateral damage for the continued right to own guns. Don’t worry, the gun worshiping community will be sending their “thoughts and prayer” shortly.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

this is starting to seem more like another Incel situation like the Yoga studio in Tallahassee that everyone has already forgotten and less like the white nationalist hate fest in El Paso. Reporting now that the gunman's sister and her boyfriend were found shot dead in a car nearby

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
this is starting to seem more like another Incel situation like the Yoga studio in Tallahassee that everyone has already forgotten and less like the white nationalist hate fest in El Paso. Reporting now that the gunman's sister and her boyfriend were found shot dead in a car nearby
Future hypothetical Republican talking point said:
Democrats are going to want to spin these shootings as a result of the presidents white nationalism talking points. This proves how dishonest the Democrats are. Only 50% of the mass shootings in the last 24 hours are a result of the presidents refusal to denounce white nationalism. How can you trust these liars? Thoughts and prayers that you imbeciles will believe this.
Probably going to be told this is too soon to politicize the tragedy.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Probably going to be told this is too soon to politicize the tragedy.
I'm sure

I may have been wrong anyway. The sister was not found in a car, she was on the scene with the rest as was her boyfriend. Some speculation that the boyfriend is black and 6/9 victims are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.