The Perpetual Gun Control Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We used to routinely carry shotguns in public. However, from our hunting clothes and rubber boots, it was easy to see we were dangerous only to ducks and geese... :D

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So Moscow Mitch allows everyone to go on vacation without addressing any gun control issues again. I guess he hopes things will have cooled down a bit (assuming no more killings) by the time they come back and his campaign donations will have been secured.
He didn't really "allow" it. It's the regularly scheduled fall break for the Senate and it started before the tragedies...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yah, I know it happens - I've even known guys who would open carry rifles at protests because they could.

That said, I also keep those guys at arms' length - that's just a bridge too far for me.

I often concealed-carry a pistol, especially when I head into Memphis (second highest violent crime rate in the US), but I SMH at these guys.
The guy's name is "Dmitriy N. Andreychenko." An IRA stooge?

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I believe you are blindly biased. Your hatred of one man makes you look kinda insane.

Guns don’t kill people stupid people with guns kill people. That’s my point. I don’t troll at all I have a point. If I’m a troll then everyone is. Don’t care how tired you are of it. You just don’t like what I have to say because you see red when someone doesn’t agree with you because of tour insane hatred of one man. I don’t like everything Trump or anyone else does, but I’m also able to call a spade a spade regardless of how I feel about someone.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro
Just so I am sure I understand your argument.

Take a bad actor that wants to hurt multiple people. Is it your stance is that there is no fundamental difference in potential loss of life between a knife being used, and a gun being used?

Just so I am sure I understand your argument.

Take a bad actor that wants to hurt multiple people. Is it your stance is that there is no fundamental difference in potential loss of life between a knife being used, and a gun being used?
If a bad man wants to kill people he’ll use whatever instrument whether be guns, knives, or his bare hands to do it. A woman too. That’s my stance.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
It's not absurd to realize that a silent weapon, properly used, can cause multiple deaths quickly and efficiently without drawing attention to the killer.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
It's not absurd to realize that a silent weapon, properly used, can cause multiple deaths quickly and efficiently without drawing attention to the killer.
In the context of a conversation about mass killings in public venues, it is 100% absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.