AJ McCarron Wins Grievance Against Bengals and Will Become Free Agent (Signs with Buffalo)

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Re: AJ McCarron Wins Grievance Against Bengals and Will Become Free Agent

I'm not a Redskin fan but seeing that I had him on my fantasy roster a few times the past couple of years. I would follow the Redskins games a lot and he would make me want to jump through the tv and punch his lights out. It was infuriating to watch at times to be honest. He laid some serious eggs in games where if he would have simply performed average I would have won my fantasy game that week.

But regarding the real football aspect of it. I agree that it would not be worth a team like the Browns or the Jets to sign him. He's not the type of quarterback that can transform a franchise. They would be better served signing McCarron and using the extra money to pick up some key FA's.
Yea he's infuriating. Just go watch the week 17 game vs the Giants in 2016. Giants had nothing to play for and a win put us in the playoffs. What does Cousins do? He throws the game clenching INT on a 1st down and 10. It was ugly too. We were only down by 3 and there was 1:27 left and we were just past midfield.

Plus he is one of the least likable players ever. No one really hates him because he isn't a bad guy. In fact I think he is likely a good guy. Despite that, he is incredibly unlikable for some reason. Though, that might be a DC specific problem.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Yea he's infuriating. Just go watch the week 17 game vs the Giants in 2016. Giants had nothing to play for and a win put us in the playoffs. What does Cousins do? He throws the game clenching INT on a 1st down and 10. It was ugly too. We were only down by 3 and there was 1:27 left and we were just past midfield.

Plus he is one of the least likable players ever. No one really hates him because he isn't a bad guy. In fact I think he is likely a good guy. Despite that, he is incredibly unlikable for some reason. Though, that might be a DC specific problem.
Didn't he go to Michigan St? I'm a Raiders fan and we drafted Conner Cook two years ago and on of knocks on him was he was not very likable. He wasn't a dbag or anything. But just something about his personality that turned people off. Maybe they teach that at MSU. LOL!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Didn't he go to Michigan St? I'm a Raiders fan and we drafted Conner Cook two years ago and on of knocks on him was he was not very likable. He wasn't a dbag or anything. But just something about his personality that turned people off. Maybe they teach that at MSU. LOL!
He was the QB in the 2010 beatdown.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Hahaha, yes he did actually. In fact, he was the QB when we stomped them in the bowl game in 2011(2010 season). And that is a pretty good description. He is a nice guy and very religious so you would think football fans specifically would be the perfect demographic for him. But, something about him just rubs me and a lot of others the wrong way. There were also issues here because he replaced RGIII who a lot of fans LOVED at first.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

I am not sure if it was Cousins but there was a recent QB from Michigan St that was a senior & NOT a team captain. That should have been a red flag related to locker room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

I'd like to see the NY Giants decide to go all in on AJ. I like how they seem to stick with a QB.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

I have an audio tape of CNS when he spoke up here in 2013. The short version. When the game was over, Cousins went up to CNS and said how in the hell did y’all lose 3 games. CNS replied how in the hell did y’all win what ever number of games they won that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Reports are the Jags have locked Bortles down for years with a new deal. Take it off the possible spots for AJ.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Reports are the Jags have locked Bortles down for years with a new deal. Take it off the possible spots for AJ.
Not surprised by that. He had a decent finish to his season.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I think that they were choosing between Bortles and Cousins. I would have made the same choice. Not sure if Bortles will ever be great, but the other options pose even more uncertainty.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I don't think so. Jags have a great deal of talent on offense...weak at TE but very solid at WR, RB, OL. Cousins would've let teams up in that offense.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I don't think so. Jags have a great deal of talent on offense...weak at TE but very solid at WR, RB, OL. Cousins would've let teams up in that offense.
Good Cousins would have been perfect, but there is a very bad Cousins who takes the field all too frequently for the $$$ he is demanding.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

The Jags are pretty much stuck with Bortles. I think Foles would’ve been the best qb for them but resigning Coughlin probably told you all you needed to know. They were staying with Bortles.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Yeah but the system they run doesn’t favor Cousins or AJ. Cousins more than AJ. Foles is probably the best outsider for that system, but the Jags have Couglin so big trades are not probably in the works.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Coughlin won two Super Bowls with Derp Manning. He probably doesn't value high-end QB play.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Coughlin won two Super Bowls with Derp Manning. He probably doesn't value high-end QB play.
One thing is sure - he doesn't rely on it.

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com

I'm not a Redskin fan but seeing that I had him on my fantasy roster a few times the past couple of years. I would follow the Redskins games a lot and he would make me want to jump through the tv and punch his lights out. It was infuriating to watch at times to be honest. He laid some serious eggs in games where if he would have simply performed average I would have won my fantasy game that week.

But regarding the real football aspect of it. I agree that it would not be worth a team like the Browns or the Jets to sign him. He's not the type of quarterback that can transform a franchise. They would be better served signing McCarron and using the extra money to pick up some key FA's.
Ive never wanted to punch a player until the NC game. Even rewatching it makes me ill.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN

Considering the recent revelations there, they certainly weren't teaching their athletes to be accountable, sympathetic human beings.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Vikings are not putting the franchise tag on Case Keenum, which means another guy in the free agency mix to compete with AJ.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.