News Article: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interference - Page 4
Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678910111454 ... LastLast
    Suspended

Re: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interferen

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Yeah, just more hoax...
    Honestly, not sure about your point.

I feel like the wool has been unwound so we can not find the thread any longer, which makes it hard to figure.

I don't think there are any rational people who think that some Russians did not try, and may have succeeded in a small degree, at influencing the election. That fact, as far as it goes, is universally acknowledged.

But what then? We all already knew Russia, China, and frankly, England France and Germany all do conspire to affect ours and each other's elections. And what? Well... We found the Russian group used illicit methods, so they get the indictment. Good. But then?

Unless we are prepared for a new red scare, this is, on the whole, a giant nothing burger. Do you want a new red scare?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Re: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interferen

Quote Originally Posted by LA4Bama View Post
    Honestly, not sure about your point.

I feel like the wool has been unwound so we can not find the thread any longer, which makes it hard to figure.

I don't think there are any rational people who think that some Russians did not try, and may have succeeded in a small degree, at influencing the election. That fact, as far as it goes, is universally acknowledged.

But what then? We all already knew Russia, China, and frankly, England France and Germany all do conspire to affect ours and each other's elections. And what? Well... We found the Russian group used illicit methods, so they get the indictment. Good. But then?

Unless we are prepared for a new red scare, this is, on the whole, a giant nothing burger. Do you want a new red scare?
    Universally acknowledged? Trump was calling this a hoax within the last week or so and at least one person who liked this comment was readily agreeing that it was a hoax.

and your suggestion here is that we should just take it? No sanctions, no retaliation just bend over and let the Russians do what they want? Wouldn't want a red scare I suppose at least not now that we "universally acknowledge" it is a real issue guess we better concentrate on the real enemies, brown people and antifa?
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Universally acknowledged? Trump was calling this a hoax within the last week or so and at least one person who liked this comment was readily agreeing that it was a hoax.

and your suggestion here is that we should just take it? No sanctions, no retaliation just bend over and let the Russians do what they want? Wouldn't want a red scare I suppose at least not now that we "universally acknowledge" it is a real issue guess we better concentrate on the real enemies, brown people and antifa?

Seriously, what the hell are you talking about?

Seriously, what the hell are you talking about?
    you think this is a nothing burger

you seem to be suggesting that we just accept it?

Just follow along with the dear leader and therefore just accept his enemy list (antifa, brown people, etc) and let the russians skate?

how about you tell me what you think should be done about the Russians successfully attacking our country
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Suspended

you think this is a nothing burger

you seem to be suggesting that we just accept it?

Just follow along with the dear leader and therefore just accept his enemy list (antifa, brown people, etc) and let the russians skate?

how about you tell me what you think should be done about the Russians successfully attacking our country
    I am not suggesting anything like this. Your post is absurd.

Suspended

...tell me what you think should be done about the Russians successfully attacking our country...
    The Russians have been attacking our country more or less constantly for about 70 years. But as far as their attempts to create disorder in our society by posting fake news and fake ads, etc., I recommend you don't believe everything you read on the internet. Then you will be immune to that influence.
    Last edited by LA4Bama; February 17th, 2018 at 11:40 AM.

The Russians have been attacking our country more or less constantly for about 70 years. But as far as their attempts to create disorder in our society by posting fake news and fake ads, etc., I recommend you don't believe everything you read on the internet. Then you will be immune to that influence.
    LOL

everything I thought was happening in this election, and I've been incredibly consistent here, is proving out true. This nothing burger (your words) of indictments shows that to be the case. The Russians with help from Americans (it remains to be seen if it was willingly or not) ran a very successful influence campaign to elect Donald Trump at the expense of Hillary.

That is what I believe

what do you believe?

LOL

everything I thought was happening in this election, and I've been incredibly consistent here, is proving out true. This nothing burger (your words) of indictments shows that to be the case. The Russians with help from Americans (it remains to be seen if it was willingly or not) ran a very successful influence campaign to elect Donald Trump at the expense of Hillary.

That is what I believe

what do you believe?
    my guess? some variation on this theme

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Suspended

LOL

That is what I believe

what do you believe?
    I believe the FBI knew about these people in 2015 when that journalist published an article in the NYTM and decided to do nothing about it. I believe the Obama administration knew about these guys and decided to use them for ulterior motives. I think the indictment by Mueller is not only not a big deal, but it is cover for how little his investigation has actually uncovered.

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

I really don't see how any red blooded American can't be somewhat upset with what the Russians did or be concerned that American actors assisted them in interfering with our election process or that there have proven to be numerous connections between the Russians and one or more campaigns. For me it's not about the politics of one party or even a political ideology. It's about our right to self govern that was interfered with by outsiders with insider assistance. That is not a "nothing burger" or a "hoax". That is an insult and an injury. But it is the apathy of many that is more indicative of impending doom.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

I believe the FBI knew about these people in 2015 when that journalist published an article in the NYTM and decided to do nothing about it. I believe the Obama administration knew about these guys and decided to use them for ulterior motives. I think the indictment by Mueller is not only not a big deal, but it is cover for how little his investigation has actually uncovered.
    Obama very likely screwed the pooch on this, but you don't seem to be able/willing to see beyond that. What would it take for you to be concerned about Russian involvement and more so the assistance they received from Americans - some possibly working with one or more campaigns for president? Not trying to be confrontational, but I'd really like to know the answer.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    I really don't see how any red blooded American can't be somewhat upset with what the Russians did or be concerned that American actors assisted them in interfering with our election process or that there have proven to be numerous connections between the Russians and one or more campaigns. For me it's not about the politics of one party or even a political ideology. It's about our right to self govern that was interfered with by outsiders with insider assistance. That is not a "nothing burger" or a "hoax". That is an insult and an injury. But it is the apathy of many that is more indicative of impending doom.
    "Red blooded American"? I can't believe how silly this board has become. But like I said... Red Scare on the way.

There should not be any people who ever thought the Russians were not trying to affect our elections. We all knew this, for like, our whole lifetimes!! You guys are acting like this is some sort of revelation. Every power in the world acts to influence our elections. And we, who are the most powerful, act to influence theirs. If you don't want to be influenced by a foreign power, I strongly suggest the use of reason. It is a great antiseptic to foreign influence.