News Article: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I see this movie more in the Armondo Ianucci style (he does Veep and the unknown masterpiece Death of Stalin) he would be perfect as a director and writer of Stupid Watergate the movie.
Let's not pretend there will be only one movie documenting this trainwreck.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
In the movie, this will be the scene where Mueller stands alone in his office after nightfall, sipping a glass of fine bourbon as montages of simultaneous federal raids and footage of Cohen entering the courthouse flash in slow motion across the screen. Schubert's Ave Maria swells in the background.
i was picturing the layla scene from goodfellas ;)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Lawfare has the court documents: https://www.lawfareblog.com/document-michael-cohen-criminal-information-mueller-probe

My guess: Trump was asked about this in his written testimony.
What I am certain of is that Mueller knew the answer to every question Trump was asked to answer.
I think the only unknown now is how many of his written responses were lies.
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say all of them, especially if Rudy Rube had any input.
There will be no merry Christmas in the Trump household this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
What I am certain of is that Mueller knew the answer to every question Trump was asked to answer.
I think the only unknown now is how many of his written responses were lies.
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say all of them, especially if Rudy Rube had any input.
There will be no merry Christmas in the Trump household this year.

I still can't decide if Mueller knew all along that Manafort was a double agent and played along to trap them or if Manafort got away with it for a little while. I believe it was the former but who knows

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I still can't decide if Mueller knew all along that Manafort was a double agent and played along to trap them or if Manafort got away with it for a little while. I believe it was the former but who knows
Good question; but Mueller is nobody’s fool and he pulled the rug from under Manafort as soon as he either lied or was less than forthcoming, IMO.
I do not think Manafort (or Trump) could outsmart Mueller, going by what I know of his background.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm like you. I think Mueller started off in good faith, but when he realized Manafort was trying to play him, he made adjustments.

Before this is over, I would not doubt that we have it clearly proven Trump colluded, obstructed and lied, and Trump's response to be:

"I have superior intelligence, as everyone knows, and it prevents me from saying anything false. My elevated genetics, the likes of which the world has never seen, mean that when I say something it becomes the truth.

You little people might claim I lied. If I say something, you can depend on me, it will be true. You may think perjury could apply to me, but it simply can't. My lies are so fine and polished they don't actually qualify as anything illegal. AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYBODY CAN DO ABOUT IT! So There!"

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
"Never ask a question that you don't know the answer to"

How not to conduct a cross examination is illustrated by this classic (and supposedly true) story from a trial:

A man was being prosecuted for criminal assault for biting off the ear of another man during a fight in a bar, and a witness had taken the stand and testified that the defendant had bitten off the ear of the other man. The defendant's lawyer proceeded to cross-examine:
Q: The bar was quite crowded that night, wasn't it?
A: Yes.

Q: And the two men who were fighting were rolling around on the floor, were they not?

A: They were.

Q: And while they were rolling about, one man would be on top, and then other, correct?

A: That's correct.

Q: And there was pushing and shoving and shouting around you by other people watching the fight, isn't that right?

A: That's right.

Q: So you couldn't see the fighters all of the time, could you?

A: That's also right.

Q: In fact, isn't it true that your view was so obstructed that you didn't actually see the defendant bite the ear of the other man?

A: Yeah, you're right. I didn't really see him bite the ear off.

At this point, the lawyer should have quit. But something in him made him ask one more question.

Q: So why did you testify that the defendant bit the ear off?

A: Because I saw him spit it out.

It is difficult, in my mind, that Mueller and his team would trust Manafort to any degree particularly after he was jailed earlier for attempted witness tampering. Mueller was more likely letting his bait swim around expecting to hook a much larger fish!

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Cohen: Trump Knew I Called Kremlin for Help With Trump Tower Moscow

Another bombshell lobbed by Michael Cohen exploded late Friday night: He says he told Donald Trump about a phone call to the Kremlin asking for the Russian government’s help to build a Trump Tower in Moscow in 2016.

And Cohen also claims he was talking to Trump’s lawyers and White House staff in 2017 while he crafted a misleading statement to Congress seeking to cover up the truth about the Moscow project and the level of Trump’s involvement.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Roger Stone snubs Senate document request, invoking Fifth Amendment

President Donald Trump's longtime political ally Roger Stone invoked his Fifth Amendment protection as he declined to share documents and testimony with members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, according to a letter posted Tuesday by the committee's top Democrat, Sen. Dianne Feinstein.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/[COLOR=#14171A][FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/SenFeinstein/status/1070062258754125825[/FONT][/COLOR]

https://twitter.com/SenFeinstein/status/1070062258754125825

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Flynn must have had A LOT of useful information to share. I'm guessing that Manafort's sentencing recommendation on Friday will be in striking contrast.

Mueller seeks no prison time for former national security adviser Michael Flynn, citing his ‘substantial assistance

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III on Tuesday recommended that former national security adviser Michael Flynn serve no prison time, citing his “substantial assistance” with several ongoing investigations, according to a new court filing...

The filing indicated that Flynn has provided extensive assistance to Mueller, including about matters that were redacted and hidden from public view. It also indicated that he has cooperated with a separate unidentified criminal investigation, the details of which were completely redacted.

Mueller wrote that Flynn had provided “firsthand information about the content and context of interactions between the transition team and Russian government officials,” though the details were largely redacted.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
so, mr. "lock her up" really didn't want to get locked up himself.

this should make the ambulatory block of cream cheese that currently holds the title of vice president very nervous
truthfully he threw himself at the mercy of the SCO and Gov to keep his conspiracy monger kid out of jail. I think at least part of this is Mueller saying to Manafort and a few others "play ball and you might walk, bet on a pardon and we will find a way to take you down"

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
so, mr. "lock her up" really didn't want to get locked up himself.

this should make the ambulatory block of cream cheese that currently holds the title of vice president very nervous
One could say that in that particular moment that Mr. Flynn was way out over his skis and was a different person than what his associates had known throughout his career. He likely looks back at that now as the stupidest statement he ever uttered as an adult and most careless set of actions of a lifetime.

Almost assuredly there are a number of people close to the Cheeto in Chief who will learn that lying under oath does have consequences!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.