News Article: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Don't give the Democratic National Party too much credit. They decided they'd rather lose the general election in 2016 over becoming a more populist progressive party. These guys will stick by their insider, beltway wonk, market tested centrism and their old guard of Clintonites to the bitter end. If the party changes it will be due to progressives taking over the party from the bottom up over the next 6 or so years.
The Democratic Party is nothing but the Republican Party with every bit the corporate sponsorship that buys influence.

I don't know if that old junk about them being "the party of the common man" was ever true - I wasn't around for that. But it hasn't been true since 1992, I can tell you that.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
and there goes Gates making it nearly official, conviction number 4 in the great "hoax" of 2016 that Donald Trump desperately wants not to be investigated. Any you trumpies starting to wonder why yet?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-rick-gates-plea-deal-20180218-story.html
Ya gotta give Mueller this much......he keeps springing surprises like Santa Claus at Christmas time.

Tom Nichols, the conservative commentator who is an old Reaganite, said on Twitter yesterday that Trump is so stupid that he didn't
realize that a particular Tweet that Trump had made would literally box him in if he ever now tried to fire Mueller or...the other guy, whatever his name is....

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Ya gotta give Mueller this much......he keeps springing surprises like Santa Claus at Christmas time.

Tom Nichols, the conservative commentator who is an old Reaganite, said on Twitter yesterday that Trump is so stupid that he didn't
realize that a particular Tweet that Trump had made would literally box him in if he ever now tried to fire Mueller or...the other guy, whatever his name is....
i think he's playing trump like a fiddle.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Mueller is 5 steps ahead of everyone and going full bore. At this point I'd bet he is walking around with the legal equivalent of a dead mans switch in case he gets fired. He has a sense of humor too, all this on presidents day weekend

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It's not President's Day. It is George Washington's Birthday.
Only until we “right that wrong” and complain that the guy with a holiday during black history month was - gasp! - a slave owner.....

(1/2 Blue font....however, the self appointed party of black people has a Jefferson-Jackson Day fundraiser, which is the height of amusement given their.....reputations)....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well, we don’t appear to be so confident now....

http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...eller-against-issuing-russia-report-near-2018

There is really only ONE reason why he would say this:

"I don't think we'll know anywhere near the full story until [Mueller] issues his report," Casey said. "But once you get into the summer, and you get close to the election, I think it's a mistake for him to release it late. I think you should wait until after [the election]" Casey said

=====

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This brings back the debate over the Civil Service debate in the nineteenth century.
The Civil Service reform Act of 1883 replaced political appointments with merit-based civil services. (The U.S. used to fire every single federal employ down to your local postmaster with every change of presidential administration.) In 1883, we agreed to remove the president's ability to award every federal job and in exchange, civil servants keep their jobs and stay out of partisan politics.

The Civil Servants should avoid partisan politics like the plague (as Agent Strozk has recently learned). But sometimes the natural denouement of things like Mueller's investigation will have a partisan impact.
Mueller should pursue his investigation without considering whether it is going to help or hurt one party or the other.
The Deep State, a much ballyhooed and much poo-pooed term, by which I mean the very upper reaches of the civil service, say, GS-15s and SES-level employees who work with the truly political appointees over them, and whose familiarity with those political appointees may breed attraction) needs to understand that their very positions depend on staying out of partisan politics.
Mueller needs to do his job without looking left or right and when he is done, he needs to present his findings without a thought to which party will benefit. If it exonerates Republicans, Democrats will kvetch. If it condemns Republicans, Republicans will whine. Sad, but that comes with the territory.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
It's not President's Day. It is George Washington's Birthday.

Bring back Washington’s birthday

Happy Birthday James Buchanan and Andrew Johnson?!

*Presidents Day is America’s way of saying everyone gets a trophy. But not all presidents deserve an Oscar or a national holiday. That doesn’t mean we’re ungrateful for their service. But let’s face it, most presidential candidates thrust themselves upon us. They are hardly dragged kicking and screaming into the White House.

Except one. George Washington was. At least into the presidency. There was no White House for him and Martha; if there were one, the Washingtons would have wanted no part of it.
Washington resisted entreaties to serve as president. The hero general of the American Revolution, who held a ragtag army together by sheer force of will for eight years, begged to be left alone in 1789, to live out his days in peace on his Virginia farm.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Ironically, we never celebrate his birthday on his birthday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

Bring back Washington’s birthday

Happy Birthday James Buchanan and Andrew Johnson?!

*Presidents Day is America’s way of saying everyone gets a trophy. But not all presidents deserve an Oscar or a national holiday. That doesn’t mean we’re ungrateful for their service. But let’s face it, most presidential candidates thrust themselves upon us. They are hardly dragged kicking and screaming into the White House.

Except one. George Washington was. At least into the presidency. There was no White House for him and Martha; if there were one, the Washingtons would have wanted no part of it.
Washington resisted entreaties to serve as president. The hero general of the American Revolution, who held a ragtag army together by sheer force of will for eight years, begged to be left alone in 1789, to live out his days in peace on his Virginia farm.

About 3 months ago I made a formal request of the large company that I work for to officially recognize the day (a company holiday) as Washington's Birthday. Still awaiting a response...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
We used to. Then holidays were moved to Mondays and the only two celebrated, both happening to occur in February, were merged.
Yep. In essence, we moved one to January for MLK Day. Whatever folks's position on that issue was or is, I'm glad they moved it. It was weird some years having two four-day weeks in a row and then having to go back to five for 1-2 weeks, getting spring break off and THEN having five-day weeks for two months. It seemed a lot longer.

Of course, I'm so old I recall when Thanksgiving vacation from SCHOOL actually BEGAN on Wednesday night before the Turkey Day and you only got four days. Now school lets out early on Friday and you get nine days off.

(I'm also old enough to remember school starting on the day after Labor Day).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.