News Article: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interference - Page 7
Page 7 of 87 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Re: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interferen

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    bernie wouldn't have even won the popular vote over trump. he would have probably had a showing on par with mondale.
    1) I'm a little shocked you said this...

2) I'm gonna have to think about this, I'm not sure I agree

This country is WAY different than the one that saw McGovern, Mondale, and Dukakis nuked off the map.

Bernie still wins California and New England.

I mean, I think he probably loses but not in Mondale type fashion.

(Then again - I'm one who thought Trump had ZERO chance in the first place so.....)

I talked to my Oregon buddy today. Even though he's a typical Reagan Democrat, he still clings to the fact that HE saw Trump winning in the fall of 2015 while I told him he was nuts. As he said, "It's the only time in politics where I was right and you were wrong."

I predicted McCain and "not Hillary" on March 23, 2007. Sure, I said Edwards but the point being it would NOT be her.
    I predicted Kerry would win the nomination in 2004.
    I predicted McCain would pick Palin - in fact, most of my co-workers had only heard of her because of me.
    I predicted Romney would both win and then lose. (Btw - I met BiB at the MSU game where he was selling his ghost books. We discussed
    it as y'all know he was working with Mitt. He told me then - that was about 10 days before the election - that they felt good about winning.
    I couldn't for the life of me understand why they thought that).

It's usually relatively easy. 2016 was an anomaly in a lot of ways.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

2. Advertisement

Re: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interferen

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    let's not forget guilty pleas, three so far and it appears Gates is about to take his deal. There will be other convictions too. Even if it doesn't end in impeachment a lot of bad people (Manafort, Gates, Flynn, etc, etc) will do time oh and sorry I meant best people not bad people
    That's true - and I have no dog in this fight.

However.....the whole Clinton debacle that wound up with the impeachment via Lewinsky actually BEGAN as the Whitewater scandal. Guilty plea after guilty plea, and a lot of folks went to prison including David Hale, Jim McDougal (who died in solitary), Eugene Fitzhugh, Charles Matthews, and Arkansas Governor Jim Guy Tucker was forced to resign (and only avoided prison because he was in need of a liver transplant).

And the Clintons - even according to Ken Starr - weren't guilty of anything criminal.

I'm not saying how this ends because I don't know until we get there. I would just say before everyone starts getting excited about "ooh, he pleaded guilty" to remember that it's a long way from being over.

Iran-Contra saw numerous folks found guilty, too.....but Reagan was never impeached even though the Democrats held both houses of Congress, and neither was Bush.

My suspicion is that Mueller may play the Agnew deal with Trump and plea bargain something down to a fine and a resignation - and that's at the MOST.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

and there goes Gates making it nearly official, conviction number 4 in the great "hoax" of 2016 that Donald Trump desperately wants not to be investigated. Any you trumpies starting to wonder why yet?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...218-story.html
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Don't give the Democratic National Party too much credit. They decided they'd rather lose the general election in 2016 over becoming a more populist progressive party. These guys will stick by their insider, beltway wonk, market tested centrism and their old guard of Clintonites to the bitter end. If the party changes it will be due to progressives taking over the party from the bottom up over the next 6 or so years.
    The Democratic Party is nothing but the Republican Party with every bit the corporate sponsorship that buys influence.

I don't know if that old junk about them being "the party of the common man" was ever true - I wasn't around for that. But it hasn't been true since 1992, I can tell you that.

and there goes Gates making it nearly official, conviction number 4 in the great "hoax" of 2016 that Donald Trump desperately wants not to be investigated. Any you trumpies starting to wonder why yet?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...218-story.html
    Ya gotta give Mueller this much......he keeps springing surprises like Santa Claus at Christmas time.

Tom Nichols, the conservative commentator who is an old Reaganite, said on Twitter yesterday that Trump is so stupid that he didn't
    realize that a particular Tweet that Trump had made would literally box him in if he ever now tried to fire Mueller or...the other guy, whatever his name is....

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Not true, Matt!

The drainage has already begun!
    The drainage of brain cells for sure. We've been seeing the effect of it all over the country and right here on Tidefans for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Ya gotta give Mueller this much......he keeps springing surprises like Santa Claus at Christmas time.

Tom Nichols, the conservative commentator who is an old Reaganite, said on Twitter yesterday that Trump is so stupid that he didn't
    realize that a particular Tweet that Trump had made would literally box him in if he ever now tried to fire Mueller or...the other guy, whatever his name is....
    i think he's playing trump like a fiddle.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i think he's playing trump like a fiddle.
    so is Putin
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post

Mueller is 5 steps ahead of everyone and going full bore. At this point I'd bet he is walking around with the legal equivalent of a dead mans switch in case he gets fired. He has a sense of humor too, all this on presidents day weekend

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

He has a sense of humor too, all this on presidents day weekend
    It's not President's Day. It is George Washington's Birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    It's not President's Day. It is George Washington's Birthday.
    Only until we “right that wrong” and complain that the guy with a holiday during black history month was - gasp! - a slave owner.....

(1/2 Blue font....however, the self appointed party of black people has a Jefferson-Jackson Day fundraiser, which is the height of amusement given their.....reputations)....

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    The drainage of brain cells for sure. We've been seeing the effect of it all over the country and right here on Tidefans for a while.

Any you trumpies starting to wonder why yet?
    Nope; Still holding firm to my belief that his presidency is saved by Mexican and Middle Eastern immigrants.