News Article: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
All things appear now to rest on the mid-terms. If the Dems win the House which seems highly likely their top priority will be to impeach the orange pee pot. The Senate may demure
but the Dems will make sure that the state of NY prosecutes these guys to the max. The Pubs have done it to the pooch now. It would be difficult to find 18 -30 year old who would vote for them and very few women of any age outside of the rural south. Feeling pretty bullish that just about any Dem could beat him after this weekends tweet storm on top of the school shooting.

What's funny is I've heard that same speech since 1980, and the GOP is 6-4 in that time frame.

Everybody can always tell me ON PAPER how all it's gonna work.

I watched Bill Clinton saddled with a 42% approval, 53% disapproval heading into Christmas 1994. He couldn't possibly win, all the GOP had to do was run a paper bag against him......he won.

I've seen this with Reagan (35% approval in January 1983).

In January 2012, Romney was 2 up on Obama.

Let me just say this: IF the Democrats are stupid enough to just nominate "anybody" (and their history during my lifetime tells me they are more often than not), get ready for four more years of the Cheeto. "Well, once people actually see how so and so really is" - and that's when they decide, "Hey, we need to nominate a nutbag since we can't possibly lose."

It's NOT enough to just say "I'm not as bad as the other person." Not at the national level against an incumbent.

Carter ran on honesty in government.
Reagan beat Carter - whose entire re-election campaign was "this guy is gonna start WW3" - with "the time is now for leadership."
Clinton beat Bush - whose entire campaign was "but he's lying" - with "we want opportunity, we demand responsibility" as the supporting base
of "it's the economy, stupid"
Bush II beat Kerry - whose entire campaign was some kind of nonsense about "I went to Vietnam."
Trump - whose slogan was "Make America Great Again" - beat the other narcissist, who spent 25 years planning to run for the office without ever once formulating WHY she wanted it (this was even the assessment of her own supporters working with her in "Shattered" - they seriously thought about the slogan "Because It's Her Turn" as insane as that sounds)

In the TV age, a general and catchy guideline that spells out a GENERAL vision is necessary.

As insane as it sounds now, beating an incumbent President (and I'll even say this if Trump is gone and Pence is there) is NOT nearly as easy as it sounds on paper. Gerald Ford was not even elected Vice President, much less President. He was a bumbling oaf at a time when the Democratic Party BY FAR was the majority party in the country. He had to claw out his nomination against Reagan at the Convention and trailed by 33 points in August. He had pardoned the felon who got him the job in the first place.

He came within 23,000 votes in two states of winning election despite all I listed above.

And the moment the other party takes over Congress - and becomes responsible for government - it's quite amazing what a transformation most Presidents undergo in how they're perceived.

However - I'll grant that where Trump is concerned on must subjects, you throw the book out.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
What's funny is I've heard that same speech since 1980, and the GOP is 6-4 in that time frame.
Everybody can always tell me ON PAPER how all it's gonna work.
I watched Bill Clinton saddled with a 42% approval, 53% disapproval heading into Christmas 1994. He couldn't possibly win, all the GOP had to do was run a paper bag against him......he won.
I've seen this with Reagan (35% approval in January 1983).
In January 2012, Romney was 2 up on Obama.
Let me just say this: IF the Democrats are stupid enough to just nominate "anybody" (and their history during my lifetime tells me they are more often than not), get ready for four more years of the Cheeto. "Well, once people actually see how so and so really is" - and that's when they decide, "Hey, we need to nominate a nutbag since we can't possibly lose."
It's NOT enough to just say "I'm not as bad as the other person." Not at the national level against an incumbent.
Carter ran on honesty in government.
Reagan beat Carter - whose entire re-election campaign was "this guy is gonna start WW3" - with "the time is now for leadership."
Clinton beat Bush - whose entire campaign was "but he's lying" - with "we want opportunity, we demand responsibility" as the supporting base
of "it's the economy, stupid"
Bush II beat Kerry - whose entire campaign was some kind of nonsense about "I went to Vietnam."
Trump - whose slogan was "Make America Great Again" - beat the other narcissist, who spent 25 years planning to run for the office without ever once formulating WHY she wanted it (this was even the assessment of her own supporters working with her in "Shattered" - they seriously thought about the slogan "Because It's Her Turn" as insane as that sounds)

In the TV age, a general and catchy guideline that spells out a GENERAL vision is necessary.
As insane as it sounds now, beating an incumbent President (and I'll even say this if Trump is gone and Pence is there) is NOT nearly as easy as it sounds on paper. Gerald Ford was not even elected Vice President, much less President. He was a bumbling oaf at a time when the Democratic Party BY FAR was the majority party in the country. He had to claw out his nomination against Reagan at the Convention and trailed by 33 points in August. He had pardoned the felon who got him the job in the first place.
He came within 23,000 votes in two states of winning election despite all I listed above.
And the moment the other party takes over Congress - and becomes responsible for government - it's quite amazing what a transformation most Presidents undergo in how they're perceived.
However - I'll grant that where Trump is concerned on must subjects, you throw the book out.
Great discussion. I have become nostalgic for Romney. It would be a much different world today had we avoided Obama's failed last term.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Great discussion. I have become nostalgic for Romney. It would be a much different world today had we avoided Obama's failed last term.
Romney is a joke

he claimed he would never accept an endorsement from Trump and then caved within seconds of Trump offering his endorsement on twitter. I agree that Mittens would be a heck of a lot better than the orange clown in place now but this country does not need people who believe in underwear with magic powers to hold office we need rational adults

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Romney is a joke

he claimed he would never accept an endorsement from Trump and then caved within seconds of Trump offering his endorsement on twitter. I agree that Mittens would be a heck of a lot better than the orange clown in place now but this country does not need people who believe in underwear with magic powers to hold office we need rational adults
and here i thought that folks who lost presidential campaigns were supposed to shut up and keep out of the public eye. or something like that.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Romney is a joke

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Romney is a joke
Romney and Kerry are basically the same person on opposite sides of the line. They basically ran a campaign that said, "Im doing the opposite of what the POTUS is doing". They wouldve been better off at running a campaign like Harvey Dent.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Your favorite President of all time failed to stop those mean ol’ Russian bogeymen from meddling in the election which led to your least favorite President of all time getting elected.
Wait I thought that was a nothingburger libtard hoax?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
So, Manafort is screwed.

Rick Gates, Trump Campaign Aide, to Plead Guilty in Mueller Inquiry and Cooperate

A former top adviser to Donald J. Trump’s presidential campaign indicted by the special counsel was expected to plead guilty as soon as Friday afternoon, according to two people familiar with his plea agreement, a move that signals he is cooperating with the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

The adviser, Rick Gates, is a longtime political consultant who once served as Mr. Trump’s deputy campaign chairman. The plea deal could be a significant development in the investigation — a sign that Mr. Gates plans to offer incriminating information against his longtime associate and the former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, or other members of the Trump campaign in exchange for a lighter punishment.

The deal comes as the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has been raising pressure on Mr. Gates and Mr. Manafort with dozens of new charges of money laundering and bank fraud that were unsealed on Thursday. Mr. Mueller first indicted both men in October, and both pleaded not guilty.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Mueller subpoenas documents from Trump, numerous campaign associates

The grand jury investigating alleged collusion between Russia and Donald Trump's presidential campaign has issued a subpoena seeking all documents involving the president and a host of his closest advisers, according to a copy of the subpoena reviewed by NBC News.

According to the subpoena, which was sent to a witness by special counsel Robert Mueller, investigators want emails, text messages, work papers, telephone logs and other documents going back to Nov. 1, 2015, 4½ months after Trump launched his campaign.

NBC News reported last week that Mueller's team is asking pointed questions about whether Trump knew about hacked emails from Hillary Clinton's campaign before the public found out. The subpoena indicates that Mueller may be focused not just on what Trump campaign aides knew and when they knew it, but also on what Trump himself knew.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Reporting in the New Yorker Magazine on Christopher Steel paints him as a legitimate intelligence officer with specific knowledge of Russian intelligence operations. He sought to warn the FBI and the Europeans well ahead of the US Presidential Campaign including the dirt that Putin has on Trump. Now he is pursued by Republicans for criminal violations of lying to the FBI.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/12/christopher-steele-the-man-behind-the-trump-dossier
What is the world coming to when you can't trust a legitimate Russian Intelligence officer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.