News Article: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Well, we are all still waiting for some proof of collusion. Even Mueller seems to be off on a new mission.
don't worry, it's just the mainstream media and the country's elites being bullies because they can't stand seeing a competent man of christ leading our country out of it's persistent mediocrity.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Don Jr posted some of it on Twitter a while back. You must have missed out.
I think I'll just wait to see if Mueller comes up with anything. Surely the poo is about to hit the fan any day now. Maybe Thursday will be the day.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Office of Special Counsel: Conway violated Hatch Act

The US Office of Special Counsel announced Tuesday that White House aide Kellyanne Conway violated the Hatch Act on two occasions by "advocating for and against candidates" in last year's Alabama Senate special election.

In a new report, the OSC special counsel, Henry Kerner, pointed to Conway's TV interviews conducted in her "official capacity" in November and December of last year. The agency said Conway "impermissibly mixed official government business with political views about candidates in the Alabama special election."

In a letter to President Donald Trump, Kerner said he is referring her violations for the President's "consideration of appropriate disciplinary action." The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The Office of Special Counsel is unrelated to the investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Adviser to Emirates With Ties to Trump Aides Is Cooperating With Special Counsel

An adviser to the United Arab Emirates with ties to current and former aides to President Trump is cooperating with the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, and gave testimony last week to a grand jury, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Mr. Mueller appears to be examining the influence of foreign money on Mr. Trump’s political activities and has asked witnesses about the possibility that the adviser, George Nader, funneled money from the Emirates to the president’s political efforts. It is illegal for foreign entities to contribute to campaigns or for Americans to knowingly accept foreign money for political races.

Mr. Nader, a Lebanese-American businessman who advises Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, the effective ruler of the Emirates, also attended a January 2017 meeting in the Seychelles that Mr. Mueller’s investigators have examined. The meeting, convened by the crown prince, brought together a Russian investor close to President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia with Erik Prince, the founder of Blackwater and an informal adviser to Mr. Trump’s team during the presidential transition, according to three people familiar with the meeting.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Anyone want to take a guess at the chances that Trump is impeached - due to Russian involvement and any resulting actions?
I would rate it at less than 50% right now, but all the cards are not on the table yet. Also, the results of the 2018 election are not in. That will have a tremendous effect...

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Anyone want to take a guess at the chances that Trump is impeached - due to Russian involvement and any resulting actions?
I tend to think that a charge of collusion, if any existed at all, will never happen. One has to ask who in this administration was smart enough to collude in a meaningful way.

I am not a lawyer but if there isn't proven collusion then how does a meaningful charge of obstruction occur.

I tend to think that Trump's exposure is much more in the area of leverage the Russians may have that they are using to influence policy and illegal financial practices similar to what has already occurred with Manafort.

In terms of impeachment I don't see it happening but the Dems may give it a try if they ultimately gain control of both houses and Mueller finds something significant to draw up charges on Trump.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I just want to go on record as saying that if someone who works in Washington, DC goes to a real federal prison, (not the federal country clubs with tennis courts for white collar crimes), that this would be a win for the republic.
And I do not care about what "party" the convict adheres to, just any person who infests Washington going to jail would be a good thing.
It would help "encourager les autres."

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Comrade, you have missed a day's worth of patriot flavor drink. This is nothing but fake news hoax nothingburger, да.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I'll guess 3%, with a margin of error being -3%. If the Dems take over over the House, then that changes to 20%, with the chances of being convicted by the Senate at 5%.

However, from listening to our lib friends here, and the national news media, I'm led to believe that Mueller is at this very moment dotting the i's and crossing the t's of a Trump indictment. So, we could well see Trump doing the perp walk as early as next week. Stand by!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I tend to think that a charge of collusion, if any existed at all, will never happen. One has to ask who in this administration was smart enough to collude in a meaningful way.

I am not a lawyer but if there isn't proven collusion then how does a meaningful charge of obstruction occur.

I tend to think that Trump's exposure is much more in the area of leverage the Russians may have that they are using to influence policy and illegal financial practices similar to what has already occurred with Manafort.

In terms of impeachment I don't see it happening but the Dems may give it a try if they ultimately gain control of both houses and Mueller finds something significant to draw up charges on Trump.
There is no crime of "collusion," per se, despite all the PR. "Obstruction of justice," of course, is. I think that most constitutional scholars would agree that obstruction meets the definition of "high crimes and misdemeanors." Then, it's up to Congress. IF it's ever proven, I agree that his real exposure is if even worse ties to the Kremlin turn up...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'll guess 3%, with a margin of error being -3%. If the Dems take over over the House, then that changes to 20%, with the chances of being convicted by the Senate at 5%.

However, from listening to our lib friends here, and the national news media, I'm led to believe that Mueller is at this very moment dotting the i's and crossing the t's of a Trump indictment. So, we could well see Trump doing the perp walk as early as next week. Stand by!
Be aware that everyone here who is totally anti-Trump is not a "lib." End of discussion and end of labeling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.