News Article: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interference - Page 8
Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Re: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interferen

Well, we don’t appear to be so confident now....

http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-t...port-near-2018

There is really only ONE reason why he would say this:

"I don't think we'll know anywhere near the full story until [Mueller] issues his report," Casey said. "But once you get into the summer, and you get close to the election, I think it's a mistake for him to release it late. I think you should wait until after [the election]" Casey said

=====
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Re: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interferen

This brings back the debate over the Civil Service debate in the nineteenth century.
    The Civil Service reform Act of 1883 replaced political appointments with merit-based civil services. (The U.S. used to fire every single federal employ down to your local postmaster with every change of presidential administration.) In 1883, we agreed to remove the president's ability to award every federal job and in exchange, civil servants keep their jobs and stay out of partisan politics.

The Civil Servants should avoid partisan politics like the plague (as Agent Strozk has recently learned). But sometimes the natural denouement of things like Mueller's investigation will have a partisan impact.
    Mueller should pursue his investigation without considering whether it is going to help or hurt one party or the other.
    The Deep State, a much ballyhooed and much poo-pooed term, by which I mean the very upper reaches of the civil service, say, GS-15s and SES-level employees who work with the truly political appointees over them, and whose familiarity with those political appointees may breed attraction) needs to understand that their very positions depend on staying out of partisan politics.
    Mueller needs to do his job without looking left or right and when he is done, he needs to present his findings without a thought to which party will benefit. If it exonerates Republicans, Democrats will kvetch. If it condemns Republicans, Republicans will whine. Sad, but that comes with the territory.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

For those wondering what the Internet Research Agency (one of the indicted organizations) is up to now, Russia’s Infamous ‘Troll Factory’ Is Now Posing as a Media Empire

at the zenith of the U.S. election campaign, the troll factory’s accounts across different social media platforms would churn out as many as 50 million posts a month, with anti-Clinton messages getting the most attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    It's not President's Day. It is George Washington's Birthday.

Bring back Washington’s birthday

Happy Birthday James Buchanan and Andrew Johnson?!

*Presidents Day is America’s way of saying everyone gets a trophy. But not all presidents deserve an Oscar or a national holiday. That doesn’t mean we’re ungrateful for their service. But let’s face it, most presidential candidates thrust themselves upon us. They are hardly dragged kicking and screaming into the White House.

Except one. George Washington was. At least into the presidency. There was no White House for him and Martha; if there were one, the Washingtons would have wanted no part of it.
    Washington resisted entreaties to serve as president. The hero general of the American Revolution, who held a ragtag army together by sheer force of will for eight years, begged to be left alone in 1789, to live out his days in peace on his Virginia farm.

Last edited by Bazza; February 19th, 2018 at 07:19 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Ironically, we never celebrate his birthday on his birthday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And he was/is "The Father of Our Country".

BamaNation Hall of Fame Relayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post

Bring back Washington’s birthday

Happy Birthday James Buchanan and Andrew Johnson?!

*Presidents Day is America’s way of saying everyone gets a trophy. But not all presidents deserve an Oscar or a national holiday. That doesn’t mean we’re ungrateful for their service. But let’s face it, most presidential candidates thrust themselves upon us. They are hardly dragged kicking and screaming into the White House.

Except one. George Washington was. At least into the presidency. There was no White House for him and Martha; if there were one, the Washingtons would have wanted no part of it.
    Washington resisted entreaties to serve as president. The hero general of the American Revolution, who held a ragtag army together by sheer force of will for eight years, begged to be left alone in 1789, to live out his days in peace on his Virginia farm.

About 3 months ago I made a formal request of the large company that I work for to officially recognize the day (a company holiday) as Washington's Birthday. Still awaiting a response...

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    We used to. Then holidays were moved to Mondays and the only two celebrated, both happening to occur in February, were merged.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    We used to. Then holidays were moved to Mondays and the only two celebrated, both happening to occur in February, were merged.
    Yep. In essence, we moved one to January for MLK Day. Whatever folks's position on that issue was or is, I'm glad they moved it. It was weird some years having two four-day weeks in a row and then having to go back to five for 1-2 weeks, getting spring break off and THEN having five-day weeks for two months. It seemed a lot longer.

Of course, I'm so old I recall when Thanksgiving vacation from SCHOOL actually BEGAN on Wednesday night before the Turkey Day and you only got four days. Now school lets out early on Friday and you get nine days off.

(I'm also old enough to remember school starting on the day after Labor Day).
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Robert Mueller charges attorney with making false statements to special counsel's office

Special counsel Robert Mueller has charged an attorney for making false statements to the FBI and his office, which is investigating Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Alex Van Der Zwaan was charged with “willfully and knowingly making materially false, fictitious and fraudulent statements” to both the special counsel’s office and FBI investigators.

The false statements were related to his work as an attorney employed by a law firm working on behalf of Ukraine's Ministry of Justice in 2012 to prepare a report on the trial of Ukrainian politician Yulia Tymoshenko, according to the indictment unsealed Tuesday.

According to the indictment, Van Der Zwaan also communicated with Richard Gates, who has been charged by Mueller and is reportedly set to take a plea deal. Van Der Zwaan is expected to plead guilty in federal court in Washington Tuesday afternoon.

lol, I just posted this in the Trump thread

this would be Guilty Plea number 5
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    lol, I just posted this in the Trump thread

this would be Guilty Plea number 5
    I'm looking forward to reading that plea deal. Manafort should be seriously questioning his life choices right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    I'm looking forward to reading that plea deal. Manafort should be seriously questioning his life choices right about now.
    Manafort is done, he is going to jail for a long, long time even if he get's a pardon New York State will hang their version of RICO on him and lock him in Rikers for the rest of his life. Good
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett