News Article: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interference - Page 87
Page 87 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3777808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 1,119 to 1,131 of 1226
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Re: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interferen

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Yep, what I said earlier...
    Looks like things are winding down immediately after Barr's appointment. To me there are two possibilities:

1) Barr is shutting Mueller down.
    2) Mueller was waiting until Barr's appointment because Whitaker is both a fool and a Trump loyalist.

Re: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interferen

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    Looks like things are winding down immediately after Barr's appointment. To me there are two possibilities:

1) Barr is shutting Mueller down.
    2) Mueller was waiting until Barr's appointment because Whitaker is both a fool and a Trump loyalist.
    I tend to believe Barr's testimony that he would not do that. He is under a magnifying glass, after all. However, will he edit and redact to protect Trump. We'll see, but that would not surprise me at all. As for 2., I think that's almost a given. Oddjob's statements about taking a grenade for the president explain that. Also, there are the obvious drawbacks to submitting the report to an unknown quantity, obviously selected only for his loyalty to the president. There's no way Mueller would risk that...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

I tend to believe Barr's testimony that he would not do that. He is under a magnifying glass, after all. However, will he edit and redact to protect Trump. We'll see, but that would not surprise me at all. As for 2., I think that's almost a given. Oddjob's statements about taking a grenade for the president explain that. Also, there are the obvious drawbacks to submitting the report to an unknown quantity, obviously selected only for his loyalty to the president. There's no way Mueller would risk that...
    I'm leaning toward this take too, but we'll see soon. Barr will give Congress a summary. If the House feels like the summary is incomplete for whatever reason, they can probably bring in Mueller and/or subpoena the unredacted report. So if something smells fishy, there is recourse. Were Ryan and Nunes still running the show in the House, though, we might very well be screwed.

here is one from the "Duh of course" file

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2019/0...gang-of-eight/

In other words, McCabe believes that Rep. Devin Nunes—who participated as chair of the House Intelligence Committee—was acting as a mole for the president in the briefings. The steps McCabe took to open an investigation after Trump fired Comey were immediately relayed to the White House by Nunes.That is not something that comes as a surprise to any of us who have been watching all of this unfold. But it is important that McCabe shares those suspicions. If fits perfectly with Nunes’ history of disclosing classified information whenever it suits his purposes.

"There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Mueller’s Team Prepares Return To Old Jobs In Sign That Probe Really Is Ending

Lawyers on special counsel Robert Mueller’s team have been calling their old bosses in preparation to return to the jobs they had before, a sign that the investigation may truly be at its end...

Mueller sees his team’s job as more investigatory than prosecutorial, so will [feel] comfortable closing down the formal operation before all the related indictments come down.

it will be interesting to watch this unfold.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

If there is no indictment for Trump then it will all have been a waste of time IMO. So what if you take down all his sheep, he’ll just find more to do his dirty work. Gotta take the top dog down or nothing changes.

The poster formerly known as RollTide1017

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonNagus View Post
    If there is no indictment for Trump then it will all have been a waste of time IMO. So what if you take down all his sheep, he’ll just find more to do his dirty work. Gotta take the top dog down or nothing changes.

The poster formerly known as RollTide1017
    it sounds like a lot of stuff has been farmed out to other agencies/depts/states and i think there may be some stuff waiting on him after he leaves office.

but i agree with you, he needs to be taken down, hard. at this point, i feel the same way about a big chunk of the gop who have been actively enabling this.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

"There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

for the "totally not a trump supporter, but there is no proof of collusion so i may be forced to vote for him because of democrat overreach" crowd

This is where the “witch hunt” attacks on Mr. Mueller may have backfired. For 19 months, Mr. Trump and his team have had one target to shoot at, and that target has had limited jurisdiction. But now the investigation resembles the architecture of the internet, with many different nodes, and some of those nodes possess potentially unlimited jurisdiction. Their powers and scope go well beyond Mr. Mueller’s circumscribed mandate; they go to Mr. Trump’s judgment and whether he lied to the American people. They also include law enforcement investigations having nothing to do with Russia, such as whether the president directed the commission of serious campaign finance crimes, as federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York have already stated in filings. These are all critical matters, each with serious factual predicates already uncovered by prosecutors.

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    for the "totally not a trump supporter, but there is no proof of collusion so i may be forced to vote for him because of democrat overreach" crowd
    He's stepped on little people his whole career and cheated them, lied to them. And yet he was able to convince millions that he was one of them. At least, even Hitler did really come up from humble origins, no silver spoon, like Trump, despite his "small one million dollar loan BS." No lower name than "Schicklgruber"...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame

He's stepped on little people his whole career and cheated them, lied to them, and bullied them with threats of litigation. And yet he was able to convince millions that he was one of them. At least, even Hitler did really come up from humble origins, no silver spoon, like Trump, despite his "small one million dollar loan BS." No lower name than "Schicklgruber"...
    FIFY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I thought it was interesting when I heard Mueller wasn’t going to give Barr the report until Trump returns from Vietnam.
    If there is nothing there, why would it matter?
    OTOH, if there are recommendations for felony charges (maybe even treason? One can hope.), could it be respect for the office (surely not Trump himself, he deserves none)? Or to make sure Trump is on American soil?
    I just found this slightly curious. If there is nothing there, it could only strengthen his hand in negotiations with Rocket Man, I would think. If there is something there (I find it hard to believe there isn’t), maybe Mueller doesn’t want to weaken his position in these talks.
    Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower